[comp.sys.amiga] Demo Uplifting Onto New-Xanth

aiajms@castle.ed.ac.uk (-=Andy=-) (09/24/90)

Hi all,

I am quite a keen demo collector and have many demos for the Amiga. I
have noticed that the number of demos being uploaded to xanth has
declined quite a bit recently. I like watching demos, I feel they show
what could be acheived on the Amiga without having the constraints of
writing for a particular application (ie writing code for the sake of
writing code instead of a particular application).

Since the number of demos has declined on xanth, I was wondering whether
there was still demand for demo uplifting. I would not wish to waste
space on the disk as there are so many new applications arriving
erveryday.

Anyway, mail me back, if there is sufficient demand, then I shall
post....if not  then I shall refrain as I understand that not everyone
shares my opinions on the subject.

Yours

-=Andy=-

Andrew Mcsherry
Name  : A Mcsherry
Degree: Computer Science & Artificial Intelligence		   //
Univ  : University Of Edinburgh, Scotland.		       \\ //
Mail  : aiajms%uk.ac.ed.castle@nsfnet-relay			\X/
Motd  : Don't be STingy, buy a decent computer         -->     AMIGA

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (09/25/90)

In article <6466@castle.ed.ac.uk> aiajms@castle.ed.ac.uk (-=Andy=-) writes:
> I have noticed that the number of demos being uploaded to xanth has
> declined quite a bit recently. ...

I suspect part of this decline was the lack of disk space on abcfd20.
For a while, I was often seeing ``/ftp: No space left on device'' in
my console window...

However, I'm much further in moving the old usenet archives from that
disk to tape, and as such there is now more room available.

I should also mention that the file /FILES.Z has been reformatted to
list each file in the archives, one per line, in reverse chronological
order.  The old format was nearly incoprehensible, now it's overly wordy...

This should make it easier to locate new uploads...

	...tad