[comp.sys.amiga] Oktalplayer-PAL Aggghhhhhhh!!!!!!

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Col. Ames and Pixel) (09/21/90)

 AHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!  Oktaplayer requires PAL......... How
uninternational of it. Could someone take oktaplayer.s and turn it into a
single file player??

 I only want to HEAR the 1M of Oktaplayer files I have.......

 All help appreciated,
--
 adam hill                                   Everybody lies about sex.
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu    BOING!4Ever     Rub HER feet!

lshaw@walt.cc.utexas.edu (logan shaw) (09/22/90)

In article <1990Sep21.064908.23956@evax.arl.utexas.edu> hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Col. Ames and Pixel) writes:

> AHHHHHHGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!  Oktaplayer requires PAL......... How
>uninternational of it. Could someone take oktaplayer.s and turn it into a
>single file player??

I can't even get it to work with my Fatter Agnus in PAL.  I can load a song
and everything, but when I hit the play gadget, the mouse pointer ceases to
move and nothing else happens.  No sound.  No nothing.  I can get it to quit
and exit and everything though.  Do I need special hardware?  I was under the
impression that it played 8 voices through a bunch of magic which used all the
CPU.

> I only want to HEAR the 1M of Oktaplayer files I have.......

Me too...

> All help appreciated,
>--
> adam hill                                   Everybody lies about sex.
> hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu    BOING!4Ever     Rub HER feet!
>                                             It's better to copulate than never
> AmigaDos2.0 - A VW with $10,000 in options.         --Robert A. Heinlein

"The beauty queen, clevely clad,                    Logan Shaw
 admires herself in a cigarette ad.                 lshaw@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
 Will she admit that all was in vain                ========================
 when the face in her mirror cracks like a windowpane?"
              -Elim Hall, _Things_Break_

maffett@uther.CS.ORST.EDU (Tim Maffett) (09/25/90)

In article <37482@ut-emx.uucp> lshaw@walt.cc.utexas.edu (logan shaw) writes:

>I can't even get it to work with my Fatter Agnus in PAL.  I can load a song
>and everything, but when I hit the play gadget, the mouse pointer ceases to
>move and nothing else happens.  No sound.  No nothing.  I can get it to quit
>and exit and everything though.  Do I need special hardware?  I was under the
>impression that it played 8 voices through a bunch of magic which used all the
>CPU.
>              -Elim Hall, _Things_Break_

   I was also unable to make Oktaplayer work in PAL mode with my fat agnus,
even using all of the PalBooter tricks.  Same symptoms, can load, edit,
sample, but no play. I was even able to load noisetracker files, but no play.
The oktaplayer.s source is definitely not the source to 8voices.  I also
mentions in the source code that it is '4 voices only'.
   On a brighter note, StarTrekker, the 8 voice version of NoiseTracker does
work like a charm, on a 2500/30 in PAL mode.  It seems very solid, and does
both 8 and 4 voice songs.  The next version of StarTrekker will support
Okta format, or at least the docs say so.

PS. How where you able to exit 8Voices, I was unable to get it to exit.

-tim
reply to maffett@uther.orst.cs.edu