[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga v ST...

U3364521@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Lou Cavallo) (09/23/90)

G'day,

I agree with Yeo-Hoon and I'm and Amiga owner!

Perhaps the comp news hierarchy needs a flames subgroup (or whatever its called)
or (not to offend the non-flamers) a "religion" subgroup for machine comparative
discussion?

JC> In article <36848@eerie.acsu.Buffalo.EDU>, chu@acsu.buffalo.edu (john c chu)
JC> writes:

YB> In article <4031@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca> tinyguy@quiche.cs.mcgill.ca
YB> (Yeo-Hoon BAE) writes:

JC> [Amiga information deleted.]

YB> There is a newsgroup (actually, there are many) for discussing Amigas.
YB> If you wish to write about Amigas, please use one of them. If there
YB> are Amiga discussions on this newsgroup, please re-direct followups to
YB> the appropriate Amiga group when you followup etc.

I notice there is rarely any Atari vs ST talk in that group. However I feel that
some of the "non-serious" discussion should reside elsewhere anyway.

Atarians will probably note that a good deal of the discussion is to prevent any
misinformation being spread about Amigas.

I just agree that this news group may be the wrong place to deal with it ...

YB> I'm new at using USENET and I already know this.
YB>
YB> This post written purely for the purpose of re-directing the
YB> followups.  (I had been waiting for the participants of the thread to
YB> do so, but the thread continues, on the wrong newsgroup.)
YB>
YB> Followups re-directed to comp.sys.amiga
YB> Flames by mail, please.

No flames here. Just an additional thought and support.

yours truly,
Lou Cavallo.                          Internet: U3364521@ucsvc.unimelb.edu.au

PS: please use e-mail if you disagree with me. I may be un-able to reply soon
however (I have to defend my PhD termination soon) for quite a while... sorry.

U3364521@ucsvc.ucs.unimelb.edu.au (Lou Cavallo) writes:

>G'day,

>Perhaps the comp news hierarchy needs a flames subgroup (or whatever)
>or (not to offend the non-flamers) a "religion" subgroup for machine comparative
>discussion?

Your wish has been granted. quite a while ago, actually
check out alt.religion.computers

But I think most people start arguing in the comp.sys.* groups because they
are after an audience.

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,