[comp.sys.amiga] Help with Amiga PBMPlus

jdutka@wpi.WPI.EDU (John Dutka) (09/24/90)

I seem to be having some problems with giftoppm, included in the Amiga version
of PBMPlus.lzh, on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov...
When using the program, the only output I get is an empty file...
The documentation os far from complete, and I've tried:
giftoppm file.gif file.ppm
and
giftoppm -vq file.gif file.ppm
Can anyone out there help me with this?

--
| husc6!m2c!wpi!jdutka | "No matter how big a straw, you can't suck water up |
| jdutka@wpi.wpi.edu   |  more than 34 feet."                                |

rusty@steelmill.cs.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) (09/25/90)

In article <15941@wpi.WPI.EDU> jdutka@wpi.WPI.EDU (John Dutka) writes:
   >I seem to be having some problems with giftoppm, included in the Amiga
   >version of PBMPlus.lzh, on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov...
   >When using the program, the only output I get is an empty file...
   >The documentation os far from complete, and I've tried:
   >giftoppm file.gif file.ppm
   >and
   >giftoppm -vq file.gif file.ppm
   >Can anyone out there help me with this?

Try this:

	giftoppm >file.ppm file.gif

As best as I can remember all the PBMplus programs send their output
to stdout.  Remember that AmigaDOS/Shell wants it's I/O redirection
right after the command name -- Unix will take it most anywhere.

	-Rusty-
--
Rusty Haddock				DOMAIN:	rusty@mimsy.cs.umd.edu
Computer Science Department		PATH:	{uunet,rutgers}!mimsy!rusty

lar@pc.usl.edu (Robert, Lane A.) (09/25/90)

You can pick up the documentation (as well as the binaries) for my
Amiga port of PBM Plus from pc.usl.edu (that's 130.70.40.3 for the
nameserver impaired) in the directories /pub/amiga/pbmplus/{doc,bin}.

Lane
lar@usl.edu