[comp.sys.amiga] PopUpMenu on the Amiga

dac@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (09/18/90)

G'day.

I recently (like yesterday morning) got hold of the neatest utility I've seen
for a long time.

It's called 'PopUpMenu', and it enables the Amiga to have a menu appear under
the mousepointer WHEREVER THE MOUSE IS ON THE SCREEN! Yep, proper SunMenu's
on the Amiga.

Just press the right mouse button, and the menu appears on the screen, and then

you can move around and select them! Its truly amazing. Possibly old news to
some, but I thought it was worth comment.

Coupled with MyMenu, this makes the Workbench a marvel. Works with Cygnus Ed
and with turbo silver, and most anything. Except Dpaint - but that only
s menu's active when you place the mouse on the menu bar anyway.

Great program.

Dac
(I wonder if my .sig will work?)

--
   _l _  _  Andrew Clayton.      I post .
  (_](_l(_  Canberra. Australia.       . . I am.

gdunlap@csuchico.edu (How about comp.sys.amiga.BS.bork.bork.bork?) (09/21/90)

In article <2266@runxtsa.runx.oz.au> dac@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) writes:
>I recently (like yesterday morning) got hold of the neatest utility I've seen
>for a long time.
>
>It's called 'PopUpMenu', and it enables the Amiga to have a menu appear under
>the mousepointer WHEREVER THE MOUSE IS ON THE SCREEN! Yep, proper SunMenu's
>on the Amiga.

     You might also be interested to know that it works just fine under 2.0 on
the A3000.

| .  _________  .      _____  .                                             |
|.. /  ______/\  . .  /  _  \   |Greg Dunlap, CSUChico                   ///|
|  /  /\_____\/ .    /  /\\  \ .|Email: gdunlap@cscihp.csuchico.edu     /// |
| /  / /. .____  .  /  / /.\  \ |Disclaimer: Who the hell cares?    \\\///  |
|/  / /.  /  _/\   /  / /. /  /\|Obligatory Quote:                   \XX/   |
|\  \/____/ /\_/ ./  /____/  / /|    "Intuition, however illogical, is      |
|.\________/ /.. /__________/ /.| recognized as a command perogative."      |
| .\_______\/.  .\__________\/ .|  -- Kirk, "Obsession", stardate 3620.7    |
|___________________________________________________________________________|

stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de (Stefan Becker) (09/24/90)

gdunlap@csuchico.edu (How about comp.sys.amiga.BS.bork.bork.bork?) writes:

>In article <2266@runxtsa.runx.oz.au> dac@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) writes:
>>It's called 'PopUpMenu', and it enables the Amiga to have a menu appear under
>>the mousepointer WHEREVER THE MOUSE IS ON THE SCREEN! Yep, proper SunMenu's
>>on the Amiga.
>     You might also be interested to know that it works just fine under 2.0 on
>the A3000.

It runs fine....
	Stefan
Mail	: Stefan Becker, Holsteinstrasse 9, 5100 Aachen, West Germany +-------+
Phone	: +49-241-505705	FIDO: 2:242/7.6	    +-----------------+	  Call|
InterNet: stefanb@cip-s02.informatik.rwth-aachen.de |Place free for ad's  now!|
UUCP	: ..mcvax!unido!rwthinf!cip-s02!stefanb	    +-------------------------+

eric@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/tty000) (09/25/90)

In article <2266@runxtsa.runx.oz.au> dac@runxtsa.runx.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) writes:
>I recently (like yesterday morning) got hold of the neatest utility I've seen
>for a long time.
>It's called 'PopUpMenu', and it enables the Amiga to have a menu appear under
>the mousepointer WHEREVER THE MOUSE IS ON THE SCREEN! Yep, proper SunMenu's
>on the Amiga.

Yes, it is a great little utility.  But, I don't think it works with VScreen.
:-(  Not that it should, necessarily;  I know VScreen breaks the rules.
Anyone know a fix for this?  When your mouse is down two and a half screen
heights from the menu bar, it would be *really* nice for the menu to appear
there, and not have to go way up to the menu bar.  I end up having to turn
off PopUpMenu just when it would be most convenient...

--
Eric Kennedy                    eric@eklektik.pgh.pa.us