[comp.sys.amiga] Min. Amiga system for Unix

steve@arezzo.siemens.com (Steve Giovannetti) (09/25/90)

Does anyone know the minimum configuration for a system to run AmigaUnix?
Will a 2000 do it, or do you need a 3000?

 Steve Giovannetti   				(steve@learning.siemens.com)

	     "Enita non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem!"
					      William of Occam

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (09/26/90)

In article <STEVE.GNUS13@arezzo.siemens.com> steve@arezzo.siemens.com (Steve Giovannetti) writes:

>Does anyone know the minimum configuration for a system to run AmigaUnix?
>Will a 2000 do it, or do you need a 3000?

As been told on the net before:
You can use UNIX on a A2000 PROVIDING you have a MMU installed in it,
(i.e. by putting in a '30 in it)

					Karl

---

Karl Hultland,(d87-khd@sm.luth.se)
University of Lulea,Sweden

Revolution: in politics, an abrupt change in the form of misgovernment.
						- A. Bierce

In article <STEVE.GNUS13@arezzo.siemens.com> steve@arezzo.siemens.com (Steve Giovannetti) writes:

>Does anyone know the minimum configuration for a system to run AmigaUnix?
>Will a 2000 do it, or do you need a 3000?

You need a MMU, so the least would be an A2500, like the very first
prototypes shown by Commodore some years ago :-)