[comp.sys.amiga] VLT v4.824 bugs?

CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu (09/24/90)

Two problem I've had with the newest version of VLT are related to menu
selection of parameters.

1.  Negative Beep Volumes (a high pitch bell) will be treated as positive
    Beep Volumes (low pitch bell) when trying to input a value via the menu.

2.  When changing modem parameters via the menu, the changes don't seem to do
    anything.   ie.  If I am in 8N1 mode and I switch to 7E1 via the menu
    I am still in 8N1 mode.

The problems don't arise when trying to change these values via a VLT script.
I didn't have these problems with the previous release of VLT (v4.428).

                                            Chris

rusty@steelmill.cs.umd.edu (Rusty Haddock) (09/25/90)

In article <90267.115726CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu> CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
   >Two problem I've had with the newest version of VLT are related to menu
   >selection of parameters.

Here's a couple more:

	1) From the menus, the BREAK time can not be greater that 32767.
	   Try setting the break time, OK it, and return to this menu
	   item again.  What the 375000 that you stored in there is looking
	   something like -14552?   Hmmm.... looks like someone used a
	   short where a long was needed.

	2) Again, from the menus.  Changing the cursor height works
	   OK but using "Save Configuration" doesn't appear to save it.
	   It's either this or when VLT starts up it won't read the
	   config file correctly.

		-Rusty-
--
Rusty Haddock				DOMAIN:	rusty@mimsy.cs.umd.edu
Computer Science Department		PATH:	{uunet,rutgers}!mimsy!rusty

CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu (09/25/90)

One more bug to report:  When changing the KERMIT block size to a number that
is too big it activates the kermit SEND window....  strange.  I am using the
latest xprkermit.

                                                   Chris

bcphyagi@Twg-S5.uucp (Stephen Walton) (09/26/90)

In article <90268.120314CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu> CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>One more bug to report:  When changing the KERMIT block size to a number that
>is too big it activates the kermit SEND window....  strange.  I am using the
>latest xprkermit.

I am the co-author, with Marco Papa, of XPR Kermit Version 1.5, the latest
(actually only) public release.  Willy Langeveld reported to me some
time ago that XPR Kermit trips warnings from "enforcer" (a developer's
tool which uses the MMU to trap and report access to memory which is
on the free list).  I have not yet tracked down the problem;  meanwhile,
stick with packet sizes of less than 1000 and you should have no trouble.
--
Stephen R. Walton, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Cal State Northridge
I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/26/90)

bcphyagi@Twg-S5.uucp (Stephen Walton) writes:

> In article <90268.120314CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu> CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
> >One more bug to report:  When changing the KERMIT block size to a number tha
> >is too big it activates the kermit SEND window....  strange.  I am using the
> >latest xprkermit.
>
> I am the co-author, with Marco Papa, of XPR Kermit Version 1.5, the latest
> (actually only) public release.  Willy Langeveld reported to me some
> time ago that XPR Kermit trips warnings from "enforcer" (a developer's
> tool which uses the MMU to trap and report access to memory which is
> on the free list).  I have not yet tracked down the problem;  meanwhile,
> stick with packet sizes of less than 1000 and you should have no trouble.
> --
> Stephen R. Walton, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Cal State Northridge
> I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

Can somoen tell me where I can bet thelatest VLT? I didn't find it on
abcfd20. I would prefer you mail, thisto me, as well as poat a reply on
the nt, so others can see.

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

In article <1990Sep25.192903.11909@csun.edu> srw@csun.edu writes:
>In article <90268.120314CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu> CJC105@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
>>One more bug to report:  When changing the KERMIT block size to a number that
>>is too big it activates the kermit SEND window....  strange.  I am using the
>>latest xprkermit.
>
>I am the co-author, with Marco Papa, of XPR Kermit Version 1.5, the latest
>(actually only) public release.  Willy Langeveld reported to me some
>time ago that XPR Kermit trips warnings from "enforcer" (a developer's
>tool which uses the MMU to trap and report access to memory which is
>on the free list).  I have not yet tracked down the problem;  meanwhile,
>stick with packet sizes of less than 1000 and you should have no trouble.

One other thing to remember is that if I recall correcly, xprkermit 1.5 is
still not  reentrant, and therfore one should not run more than one concurrent
copy at a any one time, in case you have a multi-serial card.

-- Marco
"Xerox sues somebody for copying?" -- David Letterman