[comp.sys.amiga] CygCC Bug Fix

duncant@mbunix.mitre.org (Thomson) (09/20/90)

---------

		CYGCC BUG FIX (by the author):

The CygCC ARexx program, published in the September issue of Amazing
Computing, does not work correctly with the most recent version, V1.10,
of the ARexx interpreter.

When I wrote the program, I was still using an older version of ARexx.
The article and program were submitted to Amazing Computing almost a
year before it appeared in the magazine.  I was aware that the program
didn't work right with the new ARexx, but I hadn't heard had any response
at all from the magazine since I submitted the article, so I assumed they
weren't going to publish.  Then a few weeks ago I got a fax from them
asking me how they could send payment for the article.  I immediately
sent them the change - but it was too late, the article had already
been published.

Anyway, here is the fix, at least it's very short:

   In the module NextErr, the line:
                if result~='RESULT' then do
   should be changed to read:
                if ~result then do

Hope this didn't cause anyone too much inconvenience!

Duncan Thomson

--
(Please excuse the typos and garbage caused by line noise.)

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/26/90)

In article <120591@linus.mitre.org>, duncant@mbunix.mitre.org (Thomson) writes:

> 		CYGCC BUG FIX (by the author):
>
> The CygCC ARexx program, published in the September issue of Amazing
> Computing, does not work correctly with the most recent version, V1.10,
> of the ARexx interpreter.

> Anyway, here is the fix, at least it's very short:
>
> Duncan Thomson

Other than the correction noted, Their appears to be a couple of lines
missing from one of the modules, I believe it was the main 'CygCC' one. To
me it looks like it needs an 'end' followed by an 'exit' to make it work.
Please tell me if I'm wrong on this.

Regardless, the article is excellent. The tutorial and others like it are
much needed by some of us users that don't understand the interprocess
communications advantages of AREXX.

---Mike,