[comp.sys.amiga] Alternatives to 1084 monitor

"macintosh-hater[black"@"micro.ll.mit.edu]"" (09/26/90)

There is only one cheaper alternative to the 1084
Commo monitor, An analog RGB monitor from Magnavox.
Model number 1CM135  (or 1CM135-2941).  A place in
Ohio (MidWest MIcro, 800-423-8215) sells it.
They are reputable, shipped mine the same day!
They usually buy dozens of pages in each issue of the
Computer Shopper, mostly printers.
Single unit price about 270. or so.  You do have to
fudge the connection.  It is exactly the same as the 1084,
or pretty damn close.  Nicer mount, swivel base, etc.

JGBlack, black@micro.LL.mit.edu

d6b@psuecl.bitnet (09/26/90)

In article <31554@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, "macintosh-hater[black"@"micro.ll.mit.edu]"" writes:
> There is only one cheaper alternative to the 1084
> Commo monitor, An analog RGB monitor from Magnavox.
> Model number 1CM135  (or 1CM135-2941).  A place in
> fudge the connection.  It is exactly the same as the 1084,
> or pretty damn close.  Nicer mount, swivel base, etc.

That reminds me, a friend of mine needs to sell exactly that monitor. Nothing
wrong with it, not heavily used. $150. Send me email if you are interested.

-- Dan Babcock

LDSHANER@MTUS5.BITNET (Leon D. Shaner) (09/26/90)

The 1084 monitor is actually a North American Philips (Magnavox) 8CM515

And that monitor is available for less than a 1084, as well...