[comp.sys.amiga] 68040 ships

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) (09/24/90)

In <4710019@hpfcdq.HP.COM> olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM (John Olsen) writes:

: There are things out there that *can* use an 040, but not any that *do* other
: than protos and demo machines.  (I'd love to be corrected on this if I'm
: wrong)

Actually, my employer, Myrias Research Corporation, shipped a whole boxfull
of the little devils about a week and a half ago. It is the first ship of
a product with a 68040 in it, as far as we know. It was a half-cage of
processors, totalling 32 68040's, each with 8 Meg of RAM (and of course a
whole bunch of glue to make 'em work together). The chips were pre-production
ones, so we're not supposed to give details about speed. There were no real
performance surprises, however, and they hum along quite nicely.

(Gee, I hope I don't get into trouble for mentioning this...)

Chris Gray  usenet: {myrias.com,uunet.uu.net!myrias,alberta!myrias}!ami-cg!cg
	    CIS: 74007,1165

pashdown@shotput.es.com@bambam.UUCP (Pete Ashdown) (09/27/90)

cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) writes:

>Actually, my employer, Myrias Research Corporation, shipped a whole boxfull
>of the little devils about a week and a half ago. It is the first ship of
>a product with a 68040 in it, as far as we know. It was a half-cage of
>processors, totalling 32 68040's, each with 8 Meg of RAM (and of course a
>whole bunch of glue to make 'em work together). The chips were pre-production
>ones, so we're not supposed to give details about speed. There were no real
>performance surprises, however, and they hum along quite nicely.

And you say this plugs right into the 3000 CPU slot? :-)

--
 /    (Rotate head 90 degrees for full effect)
 |                                                            BUNGEEEEEEEE!
 |---------------------------------------------------------------------->=<o
 \    Pete Ashdown    pashdown@esunix   ...utah-cs!esunix!pashdown

unhd (Jason W Nyberg) (09/27/90)

In article <03356.AA03356@ami-cg.UUCP> cg@ami-cg.UUCP (Chris Gray) writes:
>In <4710019@hpfcdq.HP.COM> olsen@hpfcdq.HP.COM (John Olsen) writes:
>
>: There are things out there that *can* use an 040, but not any that *do* other
>: than protos and demo machines.  (I'd love to be corrected on this if I'm
>: wrong)
>
>Actually, my employer, Myrias Research Corporation, shipped a whole boxfull
>of the little devils about a week and a half ago. It is the first ship of
>a product with a 68040 in it, as far as we know. It was a half-cage of
>processors, totalling 32 68040's, each with 8 Meg of RAM (and of course a
>whole bunch of glue to make 'em work together). The chips were pre-production
>ones, so we're not supposed to give details about speed. There were no real
>performance surprises, however, and they hum along quite nicely.
>
>(Gee, I hope I don't get into trouble for mentioning this...)

Myrias shipped what?!  I can't remember what the original article was about.

>--
>--
>Chris Gray  usenet: {myrias.com,uunet.uu.net!myrias,alberta!myrias}!ami-cg!cg
>	    CIS: 74007,1165

jason nyberg