[comp.sys.amiga] Quantum 105S Help Needed

In <31647@nigel.ee.udel.edu>, DPOPE%AUDUCVAX.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu writes:
>I have a Quantum ProDrive 105S that I have been trying to connect to my
>system.  My configuration:
>
>    A2000
>    A2620 w/4 Meg
>    A2090 HD Controller
>    ASDG Dual Serial Port Board
>    ARP 1.3
>
>I also have 2 ST-506 HD's connected and a Seagate ST-277N SCSI HD (as unit 3).
>In trying to connect, I have tried various configurations in my mounlist.  I'd
>appreciate a setup (surfaces, cylinders, etc.) that will work.  I set the
>jumpers on the drive with a jumper on A0, A1 open and a jumper on A2.  I
>defined the drive in my mountlist as unit 4.  When prepping, nothing happens.
>No light comes on and the drive sits for about 45 seconds before saying
>"device not prep'd".  I have tried with a DB-25 to SCSI 50-pin cable and
>with a DB-25 to two 50-pin cable.  I get the same results on both.

Device      Physical Jumper    Mountlist Unit      Quantum Jumpers

A2090           ---            none (though it is unit 0 to the Amiga)
1st ST506        0                  1
2nd ST506        1                  2
1st SCSI         0                  3                -- -- --
2nd SCSI         1                  4                -- -- a0
3rd SCSI         2                  5                -- a1 --
4th SCSI         3                  6                -- a1 a0
5th SCSI         4                  7                a2 -- --
6th SCSI         5                  8                a2 -- a0
7th SCSI         6                  9                a2 a1 --

Note that there is no SCSI target 7, since when the 2090 is acting as a SCSI
controller, it is SCSI target 7 itself.

With your setup (jumper on a0 and a2), you would need to use Unit = 8 in your
mountlidt.

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

DPOPE%AUDUCVAX.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (09/27/90)

[...]

My BBS is down to about 5 Meg free, so I am getting a little antsy.  Any
help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Dick Pope
Auburn University