[comp.sys.amiga] Dbase III+ compatible for the Amiga.

bigbroth@cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (James M. Coleman) (09/17/90)

Please send replies to UN106153@WVNVMS.WVNET.EDU.  I am using a friend's
account.

Does anyone reading know of a Dbase III+ compatible for the Amiga.  I haven't
seen anything about it in magazine; but, a friend mentioned he saw an add for
dBman.  dBman is supposedly a Dbase III+ compatible.  If anyone knows of a
Dbase III+ compatible and where I might purchase it, please send me mail.

                                Thank you
                                Shane Saddler
                                UN106153@WVNVMS.WVNET.EDU

ill@uni-paderborn.de (Markus Illenseer) (09/25/90)

bigbroth@cathedral.cerc.wvu.wvnet.edu (James M. Coleman) writes:

>Please send replies to UN106153@WVNVMS.WVNET.EDU.  I am using a friend's
>account.

>Does anyone reading know of a Dbase III+ compatible for the Amiga.  I haven't
>seen anything about it in magazine; but, a friend mentioned he saw an add for
>dBman.  dBman is supposedly a Dbase III+ compatible.  If anyone knows of a
>Dbase III+ compatible and where I might purchase it, please send me mail.

>                                Thank you
>                                Shane Saddler
>                                UN106153@WVNVMS.WVNET.EDU
Well, there is something like this. But all I saw is ANALYSE!. This program can
read Lotus 123 files! Does this help you ?
CU, Markus
   Markus Illenseer                I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid, I can't do that.
     4790 Paderborn ,United Germany           Email: ill@uni-paderborn.de

cleland@sdbio2.ucsd.edu (Thomas Cleland) (09/27/90)

dbMAN is intended as a dBASE look-alike, type-alike clone for
people who use MS-DOS machines at work and don't want to use
anything differently.  I recommend, however, that you look into
the SuperBAse/Superplan software; good database/spreadsheet
software of true professional quality  (also a major MSDOS
vendor)  which will read and write dBASE/Lotus files, quite
well I hear.  Someone mentioned Lotus in a reply to you; if
you care there is also quite good Lotus file compatibility in
Gold Disks's Advantage spreadsheet--a good spreadsheet on its
own
terms.  Analyze! is inexpensive but has its difficulties and
quirks--I'd recommend the Superbase/Superplan or Advantage.
BTW, someone was writing that there were no good GANTT chart
programs available; besides the shareware AmiGANTT, Superplan
has, I hear, good GANTT functions.

Hope this helps!

--Thom