[comp.sys.amiga] C64GS games machine console

	   Commodore announces the C64 games console.

West Chester, PA: CBM International Ltd.'s subsidiary in the U.K.
has introduced its C64 games system, a C64 based games console
for western european markets.
	The C64GS comes with a joystick and a port for cartridge
based software. Cartridges will include four games, a feature
designed to give the C64GS a competitive advantage against other
game only computers. The product will be sold in several western
european countries, including the U.K., which has become a new
center for C64 software developments.
	Commodore International Ltd., through its operating
subsidiaries around the world, manufactures and markets personal
computers for the professional, home/office and consumer markets.
The company has three product lines: Amiga multimedia computers,
PC compatible computers and the classic C64 computers.

P.S. Jeff, cross-post to CI$. 8)
	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

*Iraq += *Kuwait;
NumCountries--;

and by popular demand...

free(Kuwait);

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (09/28/90)

es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:

> 	   Commodore announces the C64 games console.
>
> West Chester, PA: CBM International Ltd.'s subsidiary in the U.K.
> has introduced its C64 games system, a C64 based games console
> for western european markets.
> 	The C64GS comes with a joystick and a port for cartridge
> based software. Cartridges will include four games, a feature
> designed to give the C64GS a competitive advantage against other
> game only computers. The product will be sold in several western
> european countries, including the U.K., which has become a new
> center for C64 software developments.
> 	Commodore International Ltd., through its operating
> subsidiaries around the world, manufactures and markets personal
> computers for the professional, home/office and consumer markets.
> The company has three product lines: Amiga multimedia computers,
> PC compatible computers and the classic C64 computers.
>
> P.S. Jeff, cross-post to CI$. 8)
> 	-- Ethan
>
> Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
>
> *Iraq += *Kuwait;
> NumCountries--;
>
> and by popular demand...
>
> free(Kuwait);

Remember...Commodore decided NOT to sell this thing since it'd be too
much competition with the Amiga. Also, remember, that Commodore has
stopped selling 8-bit stuff.

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

In article <TFa7P2w163w@valnet> joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
>

>> 	   Commodore announces the C64 games console.
>>
>> West Chester, PA: CBM International Ltd.'s subsidiary in the U.K.
>> has introduced its C64 games system, a C64 based games console
>> for western european markets.
>
>Remember...Commodore decided NOT to sell this thing since it'd be too
>much competition with the Amiga. Also, remember, that Commodore has
>stopped selling 8-bit stuff.

	I'm not sure if this is what you meant or not: Commodore USA is not
selling it, as was made clear, but the various European Commodores will be.
This is a new article, just appearing two days ago.

schweige@aldebaran.cs.nps.navy.mil (jeffrey schweiger) (09/28/90)

In article <TFa7P2w163w@valnet> joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
|es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
|

|> 	   Commodore announces the C64 games console.
|>
|> West Chester, PA: CBM International Ltd.'s subsidiary in the U.K.
|> has introduced its C64 games system, a C64 based games console
|> for western european markets.
|> 	The C64GS comes with a joystick and a port for cartridge
|> based software. Cartridges will include four games, a feature
|> designed to give the C64GS a competitive advantage against other
|> game only computers. The product will be sold in several western
|> european countries, including the U.K., which has become a new
|> center for C64 software developments.
|> 	Commodore International Ltd., through its operating
|> subsidiaries around the world, manufactures and markets personal
|> computers for the professional, home/office and consumer markets.
|> The company has three product lines: Amiga multimedia computers,
|> PC compatible computers and the classic C64 computers.

[deleted]

|Remember...Commodore decided NOT to sell this thing since it'd be too
|much competition with the Amiga. Also, remember, that Commodore has
|stopped selling 8-bit stuff.

|-Joseph Hillenburg

Last time I checked CBM was still selling the C64 in the US.  They may be
deemphasizing the 8-bit line in the US but they haven't stopped it.

Jeff Schweiger
Jeff Schweiger	      Standard Disclaimer   	CompuServe:  74236,1645
Internet (Milnet):				schweige@taurus.cs.nps.navy.mil