[comp.sys.amiga] CED Bindings

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/12/90)

Does anybody know how to list currect function key bindings in CED? I
haven't been able to find anything in the manual, and there must be a
better way than to start hitting keys and see what happens.

Thanks,

---Mike,

--
A man said to the Universe "Sir, I exist!" | Michael Figg  DSAC-FSD
"However," replied the Universe,           | DLA Systems Automation Center

dwl10@uts.amdahl.com (Dave Lowrey) (09/14/90)

In article <2499@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil> nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) writes:

>Does anybody know how to list currect function key bindings in CED? I
>haven't been able to find anything in the manual, and there must be a
>better way than to start hitting keys and see what happens.

Unfortunately, that is how you do it!.

Go through the manual and write down all the key sequences you find.
You can also get alot of them by looking at the menus.

--
"I don't call it charity, |  These be my words, not my employer's!
 I call it Responsibility |Dave Lowrey - Amdahl Corp. - Houston, TX

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (09/20/90)

In article <2499@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil> nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) writes:

>Does anybody know how to list currect function key bindings in CED? I
>haven't been able to find anything in the manual, and there must be a
>better way than to start hitting keys and see what happens.

Look in your manual again....in the ARexx section, and in the section
named Printer Codes. Sorry that these did not turn up in the index under
function keys....I'll try to add that to future manuals.

pk

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry

wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) (09/22/90)

In article <1557@madnix.UUCP> perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) writes:
>In article <2499@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil> nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) writes:

>>Does anybody know how to list currect function key bindings in CED? I
>Look in your manual again....in the ARexx section, and in the section
>named Printer Codes. Sorry that these did not turn up in the index under
>function keys....I'll try to add that to future manuals.

I still ask myself how to do this from ARexx ??? The method stated
in the manual is not what I think of...

Special caution should be taken by european CEDPro users:
Foreign charachters like the german "Umlauts" might get lost in
your text when using the format command in CEDPro. This specialy
happens when the last char on your new formated line is an "Umlaut".
It just beamed itself in another universe... far far away...

Wolf Faust
UUCP: {rutgers|uunet|}!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmger!venus!wfaust
FIDO: 2:243/43.5 (Wolf Faust)

nfs1675@dsacg3.dsac.dla.mil ( Michael S Figg) (09/28/90)

In article <00279.193704@venus.UUCP>, wfaust@venus.UUCP (Wolf Faust) writes:

> In article <1557@madnix.UUCP> perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) writes:
> >Look in your manual again....in the ARexx section, and in the section
> >named Printer Codes. Sorry that these did not turn up in the index under
> >function keys....I'll try to add that to future manuals.
>
> I still ask myself how to do this from ARexx ??? The method stated
> in the manual is not what I think of...

  I am also still lost at how to print out the current bindings. My orginal
  post mentioned that I'm using CED. Actually it is (according to manual)
  CED Pro Release 2, March 8, 1990; is there a difference between this and
  the orginal CED. I also found no section named Printer Codes, or even one
  that talks about printer codes, which I'm assuming are escape type control
  characters. Nothing in the AREXX section either.

  Sorry if I led anybody astray talking about the wrong software altogether

  Thanks,

> Wolf Faust

---Mike,

--