[comp.sys.amiga] Recommendations Wanted: Object Oriented Drawing

huebner@aerospace.aero.org (Robert E. Huebner) (09/29/90)

[We really need a comp.sys.amiga.graphics, don't we]

I am looking for recommendations as to the "State of the Art" in Amiga
object oriented drawing programs (ala MacDraw).  If you are using one
on a regular basis and can summarize the good/bad points, I'd be happy
to summarize any email to the 'net.

I inheirited Professional Draw 1.0 when I purchased a used Amiga, and I
think ProDraw is a great packge.  However, it lacks some features I'm
used to one some other platforms.  What is the current version for this
program or is there a better alternative.  Something more along the lines
of an Illustrator or a Freehand?

Thanks-

+---
Robert Huebner		huebner@aerospace.aero.org	@en.ecn.purdue.edu
"Have a day"		The Aerospace Corporation	Purdue University
+---

jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) (09/29/90)

In article <87072@aerospace.AERO.ORG> huebner@aerospace.aero.org (Robert E. Huebner) writes:
>I inheirited Professional Draw 1.0 when I purchased a used Amiga, and I
>think ProDraw is a great packge.  However, it lacks some features I'm
>used to one some other platforms.  What is the current version for this
>program or is there a better alternative.  Something more along the lines
>of an Illustrator or a Freehand?

What you need is Professional Draw 2.0.  It has everything you should need
including color blending (for things like shaded spheres) and flowing text
along a spline path.
--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
"What I want to know is, have  | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and