[comp.sys.amiga] WShell weirdness under 68030 v. under 68000

jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) (09/29/90)

When I run WShell under my GVP 68030 on a 2000, I don't get the initial copyright
notice like I do when I run the same script (namely, my startup-sequence) under
a 68000.  Why?

Also, when I open a wshell using 'newwsh' before running ConMan I get an invisible
WShell window (no window, but a window cycle program will "highlight" it and see
it as a normal window) where I cna type commands and do stuff, but there is no
output (on programs that output to the window where you called them from like LS).

One other thing, while I'm on the WShell thing, what are the limits on when you
can start a new WShell?  The 'newwsh' command doesn't seem to work from just
ANYWHERE in my startup-sequence.

Thanks!

P.S. GO WILLIAM HAWES!  Excellent products come from excellent developers.  Mr.
     Hawes shows this time and time again.

--

Jeff
jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu

Jeff
jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu

bjornk@bula.se (Bjorn Knutsson) (09/30/90)

In article <1990Sep29.002033.4083@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) writes:
>When I run WShell under my GVP 68030 on a 2000, I don't get the initial copyright
>notice like I do when I run the same script (namely, my startup-sequence) under
>a 68000.  Why?

Beats me, I run WShell on an Amiga with a 68020 and I get it, and I've run it
on GVPs 68030 boards and also seen it.

>Also, when I open a wshell using 'newwsh' before running ConMan I get an invisible
>WShell window (no window, but a window cycle program will "highlight" it and see
>it as a normal window) where I cna type commands and do stuff, but there is no
>output (on programs that output to the window where you called them from like LS).

Well, WShell needs ConMan, so I guess you've upset WShell...

>One other thing, while I'm on the WShell thing, what are the limits on when you
>can start a new WShell?  The 'newwsh' command doesn't seem to work from just
>ANYWHERE in my startup-sequence.

Anywhere after you've started ConMan seems to work fine for me. I start WShell
immediately after starting ConMan. And I start ConMan just after mounting the
system partition of my harddisk.

>Thanks!
>
>P.S. GO WILLIAM HAWES!  Excellent products come from excellent developers.  Mr.
>     Hawes shows this time and time again.

I agree. WShell really makes a difference.

>--
>
>Jeff
>jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu

---
Bjorn Knutsson        / USENET: bjornk@bula.se or sunic!sics!bula!bjornk
Stangholmsbacken 44  /  Phone : +46-8-710 7223
S-127 40 SKARHOLMEN /  "The first rule of intelligent tinkering is to
S W E D E N        /    save all the parts." - Paul Erlich