[comp.sys.amiga] Call for votes: comp.sys.amiga.-MB- :-)

greg@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) (09/28/90)

Why don't we create a newsgroup just for the certain individuals who are
constantly complaining in one of the following forms?

    1)  "The Amiga should have X just like the Macintosh."

    2)  "I bought my Amiga expecting you jerks to write some software for it!"

    3)  "Commodore should should add the following to the A500 without
        raising its price:  a 128-bit chipset, 268-bit graphics, 4 transputers,
        and 16MB of SCRAMS (4MB of it being chip mem)."

These topics appear to be taking a sufficient amount of the c.s.amiga
bandwidth to constitute a separate newsgroup, IMNSHO.

All those in favor, send your "Yes" votes, along with $1000 (I have to save up
for a Unix box to support the newsgroup -- yeah, that's it), to:

    greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
    [Note, you MUST have a _wonderful_ sense of humor to respond.]

All those opposed, send your "No" votes to:

    /dev/null
    [Those voting "No" must still send $1000 to the "Yes" address.]

I'll accept cashier's checks, money orders, personal checks, plastic (just
send the card with a legible copy of your signature and I'll take care of
it from there), or (hey -- I'm easy) send cash!

I'll provide USnail address to those interested via email.

To those of you still in the dark:  YES, I'm kidding!!!!!!!

Greg

             Disclaimer:  "Who me?  Surely you must be mistaken!"         _ _
"The lunatic is in the hall.  The lunatics are in my hall.        AMIGA! ////
 The paper holds their folded faces to the floor,                       ////
 And every day the paperboy brings more." -- Pink Floyd           _ _  ////
                                                                  \\\\////
        Greg Harp               greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu            \\XX//
Stolen from an idea by es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu [Ethan Solomita]:
      execute (Saddam_Hussein);                oil_prices++;

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (09/28/90)

In article <37738@ut-emx.uucp> greg@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) writes:

>     3)  "Commodore should should add the following to the A500 without
>         raising its price:  a 128-bit chipset, 268-bit graphics, 4
                                                 ^^^
>         transputers, and 16MB of SCRAMS (4MB of it being chip mem)."

268?  My new micro-Cray XES has 268.1 bit-graphics!  That extra .1 bit
(it's a bit-slice processor, eh?) really goes a long way.  I DEMAND A
269 BIT GRAPHICS SYSTEM OR I'LL GET REALLY MAD AND STOP POSTING AND
YOU'LL ALL BE SO UPSET!

      4)  Suggestions on how to add -MB- to your kill file (it's
difficult when he keeps changing his name.

      5)  Re-posts of favorite -MB- famous messages.  Including the
email message that he posted instead of emailed (it admitted all sorts
of academic tid-bits about -MB-... doesn't that school have a GPA
*minimum*???)

      6)  Re-posts of favorite -MB- flames.  Including Marco's flame
that included the not-so-polite things that people have said about
-MB- (or was that about Devon?).

How about comp.sys.amiga.funny.  We could include the post where
someone told Dave Haynie that he knew nothing about C-A's cost of
building the Amiga; followed by Dave pointing out what site he posts
from.  ...or was that -MB- too?

> To those of you still in the dark:  YES, I'm kidding!!!!!!!

Me too... mostly.  :-)

-Tom
P.S.  -MB- is trademark Milton-Bradley.  :-) is trademark of Smilies
USA, Inc.  BIFF is really Phill Collins.
--
tlimonce@drew.edu      Tom Limoncelli       "Freedom and justice
tlimonce@drew.uucp     +1 201 408 5389             are opposites"

ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) (09/29/90)

Come on people, are we so shalow that we must start to act like this?

Now I know that -MB- is off the wall at times, but the last few questions
of his have not been as bad as some of his 'discussions' in the past.

And you know, the more shit like this that gets posted the more that we
encourage this type of behavior.

I think that he has started to catch on and is trying to be a contributor
to this list, if you dont think he is...shut up.

I used to say that the knowledge that I was pissing people off without doing
much, was much more enjoyable than trying to be nice to them at a much
greater effort.

Marc might not be right, but you are not much better if you let him get to
you like this.

Is he much worse than people who bitch about him wasting bandwith...When
their .sig file is 5-10 lines long? I dont think so....

Erick -- If you dont like it...ignore it...

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/01/90)

ESDYKE@MTUS5.BITNET (Erick Dyke) writes:

> Come on people, are we so shalow that we must start to act like this?
>
> Now I know that -MB- is off the wall at times, but the last few questions
> of his have not been as bad as some of his 'discussions' in the past.
>
> And you know, the more shit like this that gets posted the more that we
> encourage this type of behavior.
>
> I think that he has started to catch on and is trying to be a contributor
> to this list, if you dont think he is...shut up.
>
> I used to say that the knowledge that I was pissing people off without doing
> much, was much more enjoyable than trying to be nice to them at a much
> greater effort.
>
> Marc might not be right, but you are not much better if you let him get to
> you like this.
>
> Is he much worse than people who bitch about him wasting bandwith...When
> their .sig file is 5-10 lines long? I dont think so....
>
> Erick -- If you dont like it...ignore it...

How about comp.sys.amiga.ads? With so many upgrading to the A2000, it
might be kinda nice,

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu