[comp.sys.amiga] Help with Turbo Silver

jburnes@crash.cts.com (Jim Burnes) (09/29/90)

Anyone:

Can someone help me with creating gold and silver metals in
turbo silver.  Is gold just reflective of all colors but
peaked somewhat in the red/green?  Is a gold ball black in color,
but the stuff it reflects just biased into the gold hue?  Same for
silver?  What is a good easy object to create that reflects off
metals?  Any ez way to do clouds?  I'd really like to try all this
stuff by trial and error but I don't have an enternity to try and
render these ideas by ray tracing.  Any good books or messages
about turbo silver?

All help appreciated in advance,

Jim Burnes

menzies@CAM.ORG (Stephen Menzies) (10/01/90)

jburnes@crash.cts.com (Jim Burnes) writes:

>Anyone:

>Can someone help me with creating gold and silver metals in
>turbo silver.  Is gold just reflective of all colors but
>peaked somewhat in the red/green?  Is a gold ball black in color,
>but the stuff it reflects just biased into the gold hue?  Same for
>silver?  What is a good easy object to create that reflects off
>metals?  Any ez way to do clouds?  I'd really like to try all this
>stuff by trial and error but I don't have an enternity to try and
>render these ideas by ray tracing.  Any good books or messages
>about turbo silver?

	There is a Turbo Silver Special Interest Group:

		Turbo SIG -Victor Osaka
		1341 Ocean Ave. #349
		Santa Monica, CA 90401
	They produce a fine monthly bulletin (now 8 pages) with
	many tips, tricks, and reviews. Subscription rates are:
		$12.00 US per year
		$25.00 (other countries)

	Also Victor Osaka (of Turbo SIG) has published a book (i
	haven't seen it) called * A Beginner's Journey in Turbo
	Silver* ($18.95) (same address as the above). It claims
	to be packed with techniques, tips, and exercises...
	covering lighting techniques, visual-image files, computer
	modeling, raytrace theory and imaging via RAM...

	BTW, i have no connections to the above other than receiving
	the monthly bulletin.

>All help appreciated in advance,

>Jim Burnes

-steve