From: "W.H. MORRISON" <WMORRISO@ESOC.BITNET>
Newsgroups: bit.listserv.i-amiga
Subject: PC Emulator
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 90 08:48:32 CET
Sender: Info-Amiga List <I-AMIGA@UBVM.BITNET>

 Hi Amigoids,
             I recently saw an ad in Amiga User International for a PC
 emulator card which plugs into the A501 slot in a A500, and allows the
 Amiga to operate as a I*M clone. It has up to 1.5M memory on it as well.
 Now, I see a similar card advertised here in Germany, and it comes complete
 with MessyDOS 4.0 and a whole load of goodies.
             My main concern is: Has anyone on the list tried one of these
 cards and does it work. What (if any) are the MessyDOS limitations, or can
 most packages eg Freelance, FrameworkIII ,ACAD etc be run on the Amiga.
             If it runs all the popular packages it looks like a really good
 buy, as its only 798DM (about 150US$), and it means you get the extra memory
 for your Amiga, as well as a I*M clone for that price,
             Regards to all
                           Bill
                           (WMORRISO@ESOC)

 End of Message

GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu (Gelson Dias Santos) (10/01/90)

 21329jm@msu.bitnet (JP) write:

> I'm repositing this from another newsgroup. Anyone have any further
> information?

> Hi Amigoids,
>             I recently saw an ad in Amiga User International for a PC
> emulator card which plugs into the A501 slot in a A500, and allows the
> Amiga to operate as a I*M clone. It has up to 1.5M memory on it as well.
> Now, I see a similar card advertised here in Germany, and it comes complete
> with MessyDOS 4.0 and a whole load of goodies.
>             My main concern is: Has anyone on the list tried one of these
> cards and does it work. What (if any) are the MessyDOS limitations, or can
> most packages eg Freelance, FrameworkIII ,ACAD etc be run on the Amiga.
>             If it runs all the popular packages it looks like a really good
> buy, as its only 798DM (about 150US$), and it means you get the extra memory
                         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (!)
> for your Amiga, as well as a I*M clone for that price,
>             Regards to all
>                           Bill
>                           (WMORRISO@ESOC)

 Really? US$ 150? The only bridgeboard (for A500) I know is a product from
Pulsar. I only read about it ( I'm in Brazil, do you remember?) on Amazing
Computing and they say it coast US$ 550 !!!
 I would like to know more about this products too.

 PS: A Amiga-list on Bitnet? Great !!!
         *****    # Gelson Dias Santos                #
   /\/\       **  # BITNET: GELSON@SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR  #  Please, don't look my
  /    \-------\* # HOME: Av. Bento Goncalves 948/12  # grammar/spelling errors.
 ! 0  0 !    _  ! #       Porto Alegre - RS CEP:90620 # I am learning english !
 !  ^^  !   (   ! #       Brazil                      #
 (__(____(_____)  #     Alguem ai fala portugues?     #