[comp.sys.amiga] Using DNet with GnuEmacs

weebersa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Steve Weeber) (10/01/90)

Has anyone developed an emacs initialization file which does a good job
of mapping the Amiga keyboard when using DNet?  I have a good Amiga
termcap set up, and things like vi work fine, but I really don't have the
time to work out some good emacs bindings.

Thanks.

Steve

=           Steve Weeber         |   InterNet: weeber@cs.purdue.edu       =
=         Purdue University      |   BitNet  : weebersa%mentor@purccvm    =
=-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
=  "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then suddenly it   =
=   flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come." =
=          -- Nietzsche as quoted by Matt Groening                        =

jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) (10/01/90)

weebersa@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Steve Weeber) writes:

>Has anyone developed an emacs initialization file which does a good job
>of mapping the Amiga keyboard when using DNet?

Or how about a REAL vt100 Fterm for DNet?  Or possibly a vt102 (or above)
emulator for DNet?

>Steve

>=           Steve Weeber         |   InterNet: weeber@cs.purdue.edu       =
>=         Purdue University      |   BitNet  : weebersa%mentor@purccvm    =
>=-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
>=  "Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra, and then suddenly it   =
>=   flips over, pinning you underneath.  At night, the ice weasels come." =
>=          -- Nietzsche as quoted by Matt Groening                        =

+----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
| jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu | *These opinions are mine*  This .signature is |
|"Sex beats poker hands down"| mine.  Everything you have just read is mine. |
+----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
--
+----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+

jita@polaris.utu.fi (Marko Katajisto) (10/02/90)

In article <1990Oct1.060711.28397@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) writes:

>Or how about a REAL vt100 Fterm for DNet?  Or possibly a vt102 (or above)
>emulator for DNet?

This could be useful when logging through UNIX account to a VMS system, which
is too braindead to understand nothing but VT-series terminal. When staying
in UNIX all you need a termcap entry for Amiga...

--
Jita - Marko Katajisto    University of Turku  Department of Computer Science
    Internet: jita@utu.fi  Bitnet: jita@firien.bitnet  Tel: 358 21 325910