[comp.sys.amiga] 3270 Terminal Emulator?

hunt@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (Lee Hunt) (10/01/90)

I have a friend who needs a 3270 Emulator to connect to an IBM mainframe
(gack).  I remember seeing one on some of the local BBSes a while back,
but now I can't seem to find it.

So, I'd like to know:

   - What is the name of the PD 3270 program?

   - Is this program available from any ftp sites?

Thanks much,

|  --Lee                                                                 |
|                        Dave Haynie is Bob!                             |
|  hunt@spot.colorado.edu                ...!ncar!boulder!spot!hunt      |

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (10/02/90)

>In article <27281@boulder.Colorado.EDU> hunt@snoopy.Colorado.EDU (Lee Hunt) writes:
>I have a friend who needs a 3270 Emulator to connect to an IBM mainframe
>(gack).  I remember seeing one on some of the local BBSes a while back,
>but now I can't seem to find it.
>

>So, I'd like to know:
>
>   - What is the name of the PD 3270 program?

I have one, called ami3270.

Basically, it emulates a VT100, but maps the amiga function keys to what
SIM/3270, on the IBM system, expects to see. i.e. a 3270 PF7 is f7 on
the amiga.

Note, you need to be running SIM/3270 (or a clone) on the IBM system in
order for this to work.

If you wany a copy, I can mail it to you.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic