[comp.sys.amiga] Lowell Graphics Board

BYRNE@muppet.dnet.ge.com (09/25/90)

I was at the Amiga Flea Market, uh, I mean the Amiga User's Fair in Valley
Forge a couple of weekend ago.  While I was there I was talking to someone who
said Jay Miner was working on the Lowell graphics board.  In addition, he said
he called for information and was told it would cost around $6000!?!.  I find
this extremely hard to believe.  Any comments or corrections?  Thanks.

                        -FB

In article <31387@nigel.ee.udel.edu> BYRNE@muppet.dnet.ge.com writes:

>I was at the Amiga Flea Market, uh, I mean the Amiga User's Fair in Valley
>Forge a couple of weekend ago.  While I was there I was talking to someone who
>said Jay Miner was working on the Lowell graphics board.  In addition, he said
>he called for information and was told it would cost around $6000!?!.  I find
>this extremely hard to believe.  Any comments or corrections?  Thanks.

This guy sounds really, really confused.  The reason this board is called
"Lowell graphics board" is that it's being designed at the University of
Lowell's center for productivity enhancement.  Which is in Massachusetts,
not California where Jay lives.  The Miner at U-Lowell is Rich, no relation
far as I know.  While Commodore hasn't, to my knowledge, released a price on
this board, $6000 is just plain silly.  Unless maybe they throw a whole
computer in with the board :-)

>                        -FB

	Standing on the shoulders of giants leaves me cold	-REM

koverber@dove.ULowell.EDU (Kurt Overberg) (10/03/90)

	The name of the person working on the card
	is Rich Miner, not Jay Miner.

				Kurt