[comp.sys.amiga] VT-100 Emulators

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (10/02/90)

Bernie Cosell <cosell@bbn.com> writes:

> Could one of you folks mail me or post or something a specific (useful)
> thing that online! doesn't do right?  I've used all of the 'big 4' [vlt,
> vt100, Online! and AT3] to dial into my SUN workstation at BBN from my
> Amiga at home, and generally the VT100 emulation is just not a problem.
> My only criticism of Online!'s vt100 emulation is that it is SLOW, but
> in terms of 'decent vt-100 emulation', Online seems to do OK.  What *is*
> it that you folks do with your comm programs that so clearly show up
> Online's problems?
>
>   /bErnie\

I call from home to a VAX cluster and use All-In-1 and WPS-plus.  Online
has serious problems with cusor positioning when the line wraps at the
80th column.

Also, I seem to remember that it won't handle scrolled regions well, at
all.  You'll have to forgive my memory since I haven't used it since I
found that other programs work so much better.

   --- Cal
   //  Cal Jones - Internet:  <Jones@UV4.Eglin.AF.Mil>
 \X/               BBS:  904-243-6219  1200-9600HST  340Meg, all Amiga
                         Single Tasking?    *JUST SAY NO!!!*

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (10/04/90)

Handshake 2.12a is *by far* the *best* VT100 emulator I've used
for communicating with a BSD Gould machine and a Vax 6320.
It's available at abcfd20.
--
John  M.  Adams    --**--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     ///
Internet:   jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu    ///