[comp.sys.amiga] A64 on new Xanth that _works_?

jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (James Treworgy) (10/04/90)

Am I just being stupid or do neither of the A64's uploaded to new Xanth work? I
got both ones I saw (a64.lhw and the three-file c64.lhw), and both have corrupt
files upon unwarping. Tried several times with same exact results... the font
file "6" is corrupt on A64 and the file CharROM.font is corrupt on both of
them. So neither will run. Could some kind soul please upload something good
and reliable like a nice ZOO or something? Thank you much...
--
James A. Treworgy    -- No quote here for insurance reasons --
jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu         jtreworgy%eagle@WESLEYAN.BITNET

jlh@euler.math.purdue.edu (Jeffrey Hensley) (10/04/90)

In article <1990Oct3.165946.33876@eagle.wesleyan.edu> jtreworgy@eagle.wesleyan.edu (James Treworgy) writes:
>Am I just being stupid or do neither of the A64's uploaded to new Xanth work? I
>got both ones I saw (a64.lhw and the three-file c64.lhw), and both have corrupt
>files upon unwarping. Tried several times with same exact results... the font
>file "6" is corrupt on A64 and the file CharROM.font is corrupt on both of
>them. So neither will run. Could some kind soul please upload something good
>and reliable like a nice ZOO or something? Thank you much...
>--

Nope. You aren't being stupid.  Other people are having the same
problems (me in particular!).  Try the following:
   Take the a64.lhw file.  Un-lhwarp it onto a floppy. There will be
   several bad files (actually, I get a "Disk is Corrupt" message when
   some of them are accessed.).  Take the file "thea64package.lzh"
   Un-lharc it.  It failed the CRC test for me, but I could get all
   the files I needed for the .lhw version.

I think that there is something wrong with lhwarp.  I took a disk
which worked fine, and then lhwarped it.  It was screwed up when
I un-lhwarped it.

--Jeff Hensley