[comp.sys.amiga] Where's Mike Farren?

robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay) (10/01/90)

Can anyone tell me where Mike Farren is? He was on here awhile back, And I
bought his conversion of SSI's Storm Across Europe, and I've discovered sevral
bugs. BTW the game will run on a 3000 but only under 1.3. (thats one bug)
for anyones playing the game (it is good) :
1. save game before doing any amphibious invasions.
( game locks up sometimes doing this)

2. make sure you squash those partisan uprisings
( I didnt one turn and 6 russian armies appeared there...)

robert lindsay
robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (10/05/90)

robert@alliant.backbone.uoknor.edu (Robert Lindsay) writes:

>Can anyone tell me where Mike Farren is? He was on here awhile back, And I
>bought his conversion of SSI's Storm Across Europe, and I've discovered sevral
>bugs.

Naaah - there CAN'T be any BUGS :-)

I've been on something of a working vacation for the last couple of months,
but am back now...

>the game will run on a 3000 but only under 1.3. (thats one bug)

I know about this one - something to do with the way I handle the requestor
which asks for the password at the very beginning of the game.  I'll look
into it as soon as I can get the necessaries - an A3000 and docs for 2.0.

>1. save game before doing any amphibious invasions.
>( game locks up sometimes doing this)

Could you send a little more documentation about this?  I thought I'd
squashed that one...

>2. make sure you squash those partisan uprisings
>( I didnt one turn and 6 russian armies appeared there...)

This, in the trade, is known as a "feature".  Really - it's supposed to
work that way, under certain conditions.  You do want to keep them
partisans under control as long as the russians are warlike.

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us