[comp.sys.amiga] 2.0 C question

tc008@zeus.unomaha.edu (CS 162) (10/04/90)

A few C question that hopefully will be answered:

     1. in V36/2.0, I tried using a flag that would show the sizing gadget in
the upper right hand corner and not display the one in the lower right hand
corner. I forgot what the name of this flag was... but anycase in the header
for intuition.h it said that this would automatically pop up without the sizing
gadget in the lower corner. Any ideas.
     2. Knowing that we can change the fonts (3 separate categories) I found
something that must be must be dealt with which I did not see in any manuals.
When I use a string gadget. I see you can call out andpoint to the intuiText
where then you can change the font of that text for printing. My question is
how can you make the input text that you type in any font you ask for instead
of having the system default. The reason for this is that if you make borders
and have text inside of that. When some one new comes and uses your program
with a different system font. It's not good.
     3. I have a question for all you database gurus. How do you keep storage
for all the variable when a user is using a database package which will allow
one to customize the records. Can you allocate variables on the fly?? I am not
really familiar with this procedure. Ex: PowerBase for IBM.

Thanx

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (10/05/90)

In article <32378@nigel.ee.udel.edu> tc008@zeus.unomaha.edu (CS 162) writes:

>A few C question that hopefully will be answered:
>
>     1. in V36/2.0, I tried using a flag that would show the sizing gadget in
>the upper right hand corner and not display the one in the lower right hand

I don't know if you are asking what you want to ask, but, at first glance,
the answer is:  you can't have the sizing gadget in the upper right hand
corner.  If a window has a sizing gadget, it is always in the lower right
hand corner.

>When I use a string gadget...where then you can change the font of that text...

You need to attach a StringExtend structure to your StringInfo structure.
Do this by setting STRINGEXTEND in the activation flags of the gadget
and putting a pointer to the StringExtend structure in the Extension
field of the string info structure.

>     3. I have a question for all you database gurus. How do you keep storage
>for all the variable when a user is using a database package which will allow
>one to customize the records. Can you allocate variables on the fly?? I am not
>really familiar with this procedure. Ex: PowerBase for IBM.

Don't understand the question.
Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ken@cbmvax.commodore.com   or  ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky