[comp.sys.amiga] LHarc

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (09/14/89)

Just a quick review how good LHARC for the Amiga is:

These two files were to be arc'ed:

-----rwed 89-09-14 21:20:33   57    29004 lharc
-----rwed 89-09-14 21:20:33    8     3951 lharc.doc

And that's what came out:

-----rwed 89-09-14 21:20:32   48    24456 lharc.ARC
-----rwed 89-09-14 21:20:44   37    18520 lharc.LZH   <--- that's it!
-----rwed 89-09-13 21:20:32   46    23434 lharc.ZOO

There's just one bad thing about the current LHARC version...it's soooo
slow.

Chris Brand - wizard@sosaria.ccs.imp.com
"Justice is the possession and doing
of what one is entitled to"  -  Platon

wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand) (09/17/89)

I haven't figured out the proper way to post something to comp.binaries,
so I'm sending a version of LHARC to Bob Page vial e-mail.
He can do the proper steps then, I believe.

rwm@atronx.UUCP (Russell McOrmond) (10/25/89)

In a message From: a186@mindlink.UUCP (Harvey Taylor) Dated: 21 Oct 89 16:30:18 GMT

  >    Does anybody know another address for the Amiga LHarc author,
  >  Paolo Zibetti (FidoNet 2:331/101.6)? It would worthwhile to get
  >  this source out.

  You can send a message to him under that address.  The Address
       Paolo.Zibetti@p6.n101.f331.z2.fidonet.org
  is quite valid.

  >    Harvey Taylor      Meta Media Productions
  >     uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!Harvey_Taylor
  >             a186@mindlink.UUCP

  The only problem will be for him to send a message back - But at least
this way you would get a message to him where you could get an 'alternate'
address as well.

:Later

--
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own.  My Employer does not even
know what Usenet IS.

  Russell McOrmond   nrcaer!fts1!atronx!rwm@carleton.ca
                                  ^^^^   <--New SiteName!
  FidoNet 1:163/109  [(613) 231-7144 ]   BBS: (613) 230-2282

  I wanna POINT you in the right direction.

dave@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (David R. Tyler) (10/07/90)

>In article <24744@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>I still have to call you out.	I use LHWarp 1.40, Zap, and Warp
>and all three work well.  What problems are you having?
>
>--
>John  M.  Adams    --**--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     ///

And i have been using Lharc and Lharca routinely for several months,
 including transfers between home and a VAX 6830 'frame with absolutely no
 problems what-so-ever! Also, i had no problems with the recently
 posted (to the new xanth site, its name escapes me) A64 emulator!

 It's a great piece of software, now if only i had some 64 stuff on
  3-1/2 :-)

--

 David R. Tyler        //\\	       Tyler33@Snybufva.Bitnet
The Amiga Aquarium \\ //==\\	   dave@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us