[comp.sys.amiga] lhwarp not lharc

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (10/06/90)

I wrote that lharc was garbage in an earlier article. Lharc ( while not
perfect ) is a fairly good program. Lhwarp on the other hand is about as
far as you can get from pure code as you can get.

Thank's Matt for pointing this out ( blushing all over ). I stand corrected.

Jorgen

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (10/06/90)

I still have to call you out.  I use LHWarp 1.40, Zap, and Warp
and all three work well.  What problems are you having?

--
John  M.  Adams    --**--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     ///
Internet:   jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu    ///

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (10/07/90)

In article <24744@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>I still have to call you out.  I use LHWarp 1.40, Zap, and Warp
>and all three work well.  What problems are you having?

Warp and zap works ok. Lhwarp is out in about 20 versions, I have ~15 of those
and source for most of them. Since there are several versions of different
versions including a trojan horse you can never be sure to use a well-working
version. If there was only one or two people releasing new versions we would
not have a problem but because of bogus/bad versions I am no longer using
lhwarp. If your version works fine then use it. But I will use warp and zap
until I find that lhwarp is reliable.

Jorgen