[comp.sys.amiga] 64 emulator - corrupted font

itch@cbnews.att.com (richard.m.brack) (10/01/90)

I just dowloaded the 64 emulator (A64.LHW) from New-Xanth.  It seems
that the file 'A64.font' under the Fonts directory is corrupted.  I get
a read/write error when I try to copy the file.  I un-lhwarped it twice,
getting the error both times.  So could someone send me 'A64.font',
or let me know another place to get it?  Please!!!!!  Also, has anyone
else had this problem, if so, maybe it needs to be reposted.

Thanks...

RichBrack
--
{ the itchman cometh   /-/         _          i don't want to be your angel }
{ itch@cbnews.att.com /-/        _|_|_          i want to be your witch!    }

coco@cbnewsl.att.com (felix.a.lugo) (10/04/90)

In article <1990Oct1.000245.602@cbnews.att.com>, itch@cbnews.att.com (richard.m.brack) writes:
> I just dowloaded the 64 emulator (A64.LHW) from New-Xanth.  It seems
> that the file 'A64.font' under the Fonts directory is corrupted.  I get
> a read/write error when I try to copy the file.  I un-lhwarped it twice,
> getting the error both times.  So could someone send me 'A64.font',
> or let me know another place to get it?  Please!!!!!  Also, has anyone
> else had this problem, if so, maybe it needs to be reposted.
>
> Thanks...
>
> RichBrack
> --

	I had the same problem.  I first downloaded A64.LHW, which had a
	whole bunch of corrupted files.  Then I tried three lhw files,
	C64_00-25.lhw, C64_26-50.lhw, and C64_51-79.lhw.  These suffered
	the same file corruption.  Finally I found thea64package.lzh, which
	had all the files, but no directory structure.  After figuring out
	the structure, which I found from the previous archives, I managed
	to get it working and sent in my registration.

----------------
	Felix A. Lugo
	coco@ihlpy.att.com
	att!ihlpy!coco

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (10/06/90)

>> getting the error both times.  So could someone send me 'A64.font',
>> or let me know another place to get it?  Please!!!!!  Also, has anyone
>> else had this problem, if so, maybe it needs to be reposted.
>>
>> Thanks...
>>
>> RichBrack
>> --
>
>	I had the same problem.  I first downloaded A64.LHW, which had a
>	whole bunch of corrupted files.  Then I tried three lhw files,
>	C64_00-25.lhw, C64_26-50.lhw, and C64_51-79.lhw.  These suffered
>	the same file corruption.  Finally I found thea64package.lzh, which
>	had all the files, but no directory structure.  After figuring out
>	the structure, which I found from the previous archives, I managed
>	to get it working and sent in my registration.

>----------------
>	Felix A. Lugo
>	coco@ihlpy.att.com
>	att!ihlpy!coco

I had the same problem too, so ya know what I did? I uploaded
the package that's called "A64PERFECT!!!.ZIP"

I used ZIP because 1) it was fast 2) it was fast and 3) it was fast
I also used it to preserve file structure. So, I put it all together,
and whamo! a working copy. So, everybody, read the doc file,
then blow go-64 off the map!

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu
Leave me mail once you download A64PERFECT!!! I want to see
who gets it! thanks!

ps: whoever's making that 14mhz hack! Lemme know how *YOU'RE* doing it!!!

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu

-Come and take a ride on the Scheeme train...

pab@po.CWRU.Edu (Pete Babic) (10/06/90)

In a previous article, coco@cbnewsl.att.com (felix.a.lugo) says

>	I had the same problem.  I first downloaded A64.LHW, which had a
>	whole bunch of corrupted files.  Then I tried three lhw files,
>	C64_00-25.lhw, C64_26-50.lhw, and C64_51-79.lhw.  These suffered
>	the same file corruption.  Finally I found thea64package.lzh, which
>	had all the files, but no directory structure.  After figuring out
>	the structure, which I found from the previous archives, I managed
>	to get it working and sent in my registration.

The directory structure can also be found in the documentation which comes
with "thea64package.lzh".

--
                                           ///
Pete Babic  -  pab@po.cwru.edu    |       ///  /\

ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (Ernest J. Gainey III) (10/06/90)

 Can I just say something "guys"... The Very FIRST version of the A64Emulator
 that was uploaded to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov, I downloaded, and it extracted
 PERFECTLY... Believe me, its sitting here on a disk all unlharc'd...

 I don't know whats all happening with everyone...

 Does anyone realize, it sometimes helps to BILF the file before downloading
 it? If your going to download with kermit (yeech!) you generally have to
 BILF fixed block size... (and make sure both sides of kermit running
 know your doing a 8-bit binary file...).. and if your gonna use ZModem
 I dont think the Bilfing matters... though I think Ive usually had more
 success with it being Bilfed to stream/linefeed...

 Just my 2 cents worth... (Why did anyone remove the first upload of it
  when it worked!!!)

--
    Ernest J. Gainey III     //\\   ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us
    The Amiga Aquarium	 \\ //==\\    Gainey03@Snybufva.Bitnet

In article <1990Oct6.150408.4116@usenet.ins.cwru.edu> pab@po.CWRU.Edu (Pete Babic) writes:

>In a previous article, coco@cbnewsl.att.com (felix.a.lugo) says
>

>>	I had the same problem.  I first downloaded A64.LHW, which had a
>>	whole bunch of corrupted files.  Then I tried three lhw files,
>>	C64_00-25.lhw, C64_26-50.lhw, and C64_51-79.lhw.  These suffered
>>	the same file corruption.  Finally I found thea64package.lzh, which
>>	had all the files, but no directory structure.  After figuring out
>>	the structure, which I found from the previous archives, I managed
>>	to get it working and sent in my registration.

>The directory structure can also be found in the documentation which comes
>with "thea64package.lzh".

The best thing to do, wo/ a lot of hassle, is to get

			A64PERFECT!!.ZIP

			This is the file that I uploaded with
perfect file structure... just what the manual says....
So, everybody, get this file, emulate the 64, and have a blast.

That atari emulator, however, doesn't seem to wanna work in my
a500 with 2 megs, and 40 meg hd. So, I turned off the extra meg and 40,
. Still no go. Anyone know why???

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (10/07/90)

In article <ernie.5156@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us> ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (Ernest J. Gainey III) writes:

> Can I just say something "guys"... The Very FIRST version of the A64Emulator
> that was uploaded to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov, I downloaded, and it extracted
> PERFECTLY... Believe me, its sitting here on a disk all unlharc'd...

Ok... but now it's gone. I have uploaded (as far as I know) the only
*PERFECT* copy of a64. Hence the upload title -> 'A64PERFECT!!.ZIP'

So for all those people who think that the font is corrupted,
or whatever... it's not that bad. Either fix
the structure yourself munching thru the documetation, or
do the easy thing and just set type I (binary) and download
that sucker.

A64PERFECT!!.ZIP

As far as I know... that's it!

> Just my 2 cents worth... (Why did anyone remove the first upload of it
>  when it worked!!!)

Maybe it was simply a mistake. :)

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu

-Come and take a ride on the Scheme train...

S36666WB%ETSUACAD.BITNET@ricevm1.rice.edu (Brian Wright) (10/08/90)

Hello,

     I have a working version of that font if anyone is interested.  If there
is sufficient interest, I'll just post it to ABCFD20.  I am just not too sure
that everyone hasn't already gotten it or even if it has been posted to abcfd20
as I haven't been able to ftp there for the last couple of days.

||NeXT- (nekst) N. The only computer to have sold less than 10,000     ||
||      units and not be considered a flop.                            ||
||---Brian Wright                    |     / /                         ||
||---s36666wb@etsuacad.etsu.edu      | \ \/ /  Only Amiga              ||
||---Commercial Artist and Amigaphile|  \/\/      Makes It Possible!!  ||