[comp.sys.amiga] Centurins .#?! vrusirus

Duncan.Lewis@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) (10/09/90)

As it turns out, This virus has invaded my system and spread it self to most
of my bootable disks as well as a few tohers.I use VirusX 4.0 but thats about
it.  Can someone point me to a vaccine for this damn thing. It has done some
real damage to some manuscripts of mine..  I only have two floppies if thats
any consideration.  If there is no vaccinator program that handles this
damn virus(Centurions), please advise on how to isolate it.

Tha ks

--

olson@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Toad) (10/09/90)

In article <1276@beguine.UUCP> Duncan.Lewis@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) writes:

>As it turns out, This virus has invaded my system and spread it self to most
>of my bootable disks as well as a few tohers.I use VirusX 4.0 but thats about
>it.  Can someone point me to a vaccine for this damn thing. It has done some
>real damage to some manuscripts of mine..  I only have two floppies if thats
>any consideration.  If there is no vaccinator program that handles this
>damn virus(Centurions), please advise on how to isolate it.
>
>Tha ks

	I sent a copy to John Veldthuis (johnv@tower.actrix.co.nz) and he has
incorporated it into his virus checking program Virus_Checker (5.08).  I am
posting it on the new xanth (abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov) as soon as I can get
through to there, in the mean time it will be available for anonymous FTP at
uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu in the amiga/Incoming directory as "Virus_Checker.lzh"

I have also sent a copy of it to SteveX, as stated in an earlier post.

BTW do you know where you may have gotten it?

			Todd

--
 olson@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu | "When I was fourteen, my father was so ignorant
 olson@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu | I could hardly stand to be around him. When I

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (10/09/90)

In article <1276@beguine.UUCP> Duncan.Lewis@samba.acs.unc.edu (BBS Account) writes:

>As it turns out, This virus has invaded my system and spread it self to most
>of my bootable disks as well as a few tohers.I use VirusX 4.0 but thats about
>it.  Can someone point me to a vaccine for this damn thing. It has done some
>real damage to some manuscripts of mine..  I only have two floppies if thats
>any consideration.  If there is no vaccinator program that handles this
>damn virus(Centurions), please advise on how to isolate it.
>
>Tha ks
>
>--

I believe the latest version of KDVIII will at least tell you there is a virus
on the disk. I don't know if it recognizes centurions virus.

Jorgen