[comp.sys.amiga] program for uncompressing ".lzh" files?

tim@lenti.med.umn.edu (10/05/90)

As a new Amiga500 user, I need to know what program to use to
un-archive the .lzh type programs.  I've downloaded a couple
from abcfd20 and I'm stuck.

Thanks

Tim Leonard    tim@lenti.med.umn.edu
UofMinn

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/06/90)

tim@lenti.med.umn.edu writes:

> As a new Amiga500 user, I need to know what program to use to
> un-archive the .lzh type programs.  I've downloaded a couple
> from abcfd20 and I'm stuck.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim Leonard    tim@lenti.med.umn.edu
> UofMinn

Look for LHArc 1.21, LZ 0.91, or LHArc .99g.

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:

> tim@lenti.med.umn.edu writes:
>

> > As a new Amiga500 user, I need to know what program to use to
> > un-archive the .lzh type programs.  I've downloaded a couple
> > from abcfd20 and I'm stuck.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Tim Leonard    tim@lenti.med.umn.edu
> > UofMinn
>
> Look for LHArc 1.21, LZ 0.91, or LHArc .99g.
                                   ^^^^^
That should be LHArcA .99g.

> -Joseph Hillenburg
>
> UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
> ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
> INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

They are on abcfd20 but you have the chicken-and-the-egg problem, unless
yo happen tohave Zoo. If you have Zoo, then just use it to dearchive the
.zoo file that LHArc 1.21 is in, then use LHArc to dearchive the .lzh or
.LZH files. You might want to grap LZ .091, since it's the fastest Amiga
(de)archiver I've seen. LHArcA is almost as fast as LZ but adds an
intuition interface, which is great for people new for the Amiga. (or
even computers in general, for that matter)/

d88-mbe@sm.luth.se (Michael Bergman) (10/09/90)

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:

>Look for LHArc 1.21, LZ 0.91, or LHArc .99g.

Sooo, there's a .99g version of LHarca out there?! Well, where is it?
Can someone upload it to abcfd20? Please...?

Michael
--
      Michael Bergman         Internet: d88-mbe@sm.luth.se
  //  Undergrad. Comp. Eng.   BITNET:   d88-mbe%sm.luth.se@kth.se