[comp.sys.amiga] A300UX

gest_ss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Gavin Stark) (09/30/90)

Are the recent postings for the A300UX real?  Has any official information been
posted on such an animal? Either official or not, could someone post or mail
me what the A3000UX {is, suposed to be}, is existing 3000 owners can buy the
neccesary expansion hardware/software, price, etc etc.

If you mail me I will sumarize and post.

Gavin Stark.
gest_ss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu

UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) (10/01/90)

In article <9687@ur-cc.UUCP>, gest_ss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Gavin Stark) says:

>Are the recent postings for the A300UX real?  Has any official information
>been
>posted on such an animal? Either official or not, could someone post or mail
>me what the A3000UX {is, suposed to be}, is existing 3000 owners can buy the
>neccesary expansion hardware/software, price, etc etc.

What appears to be "real" is that freshman CS majors at a large school
in Virginia (VPI?) have been required to purchase an Amiga 3000 that has
been delivered with ATT Unix System V.4.  So far as I know, this is
the absolute latest version of Unix that will appear on ATT and SUN machines
later.  It is a full, full, full Unix.

The big question is what will Commodore do next.  Who knows?

                                                            8-)

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) (10/03/90)

In article <90274.113105UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:
>In article <9687@ur-cc.UUCP>, gest_ss@uhura.cc.rochester.edu (Gavin Stark) says:
>
>>Are the recent postings for the A300UX real?  Has any official information
>>been
>>posted on such an animal? Either official or not, could someone post or mail
>>me what the A3000UX {is, suposed to be}, is existing 3000 owners can buy the
>>neccesary expansion hardware/software, price, etc etc.
>
>What appears to be "real" is that freshman CS majors at a large school
>in Virginia (VPI?) have been required to purchase an Amiga 3000 that has
>been delivered with ATT Unix System V.4.  So far as I know, this is
>the absolute latest version of Unix that will appear on ATT and SUN machines
>later.  It is a full, full, full Unix.
>
>The big question is what will Commodore do next.  Who knows?
>
>                                                            8-)

I do.
--

Howard S. Diamond  Director of Education, Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive West Chester, Pa, 19380

epa@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Eric P. Armstrong) (10/04/90)

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:

>I do.
>--

And what is that?

>Howard S. Diamond  Director of Education, Commodore Business Machines
>[...]

----
Eric Paul Armstrong                     Kansas State University
   Bitnet:  ericpaul@ksuvm.bitnet
  Internet: epa@phobos.cis.ksu.edu

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (10/05/90)

In article <14836@cbmvax.commodore.com> diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:
>In article <90274.113105UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:
>>The big question is what will Commodore do next.  Who knows?
>
>I do.
>Howard S. Diamond  Director of Education, Commodore Business Machines

Yes, but will you tell any of us?

I thought not. :-)
--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120

epa@phobos.cis.ksu.edu (Eric P. Armstrong) writes:

>diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) writes:

>>I do.

>And what is that?

Sheesh, you know better than to ask that! He could tell us but then they
would have to kill us. Nuke the net.

--
John Sparks         |D.I.S.K. Public Access Unix System| Multi-User Games, Email
sparks@corpane.UUCP |PH: (502) 968-DISK 24Hrs/2400BPS  | Usenet, Chatting,