[comp.sys.amiga] disappointment

doug@xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt) (08/06/89)

In article <18976@usc.edu> papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:
<Deven T. Corzine writes:
<
<<I could create an alternate identity for flaming, so you can easily
<<filter out the low-quality posts.  [and so they couldn't be traced to
<<me!  :-)]  Naah...
<
<Naah, you're too ignorant to be able to do that. Now that you point this out,
<you're right: you have definitely written some of the lowest quality
<postings. And, by the way, people were making fun of you at DevCon
<(calling you the "latest jerk" of c.s.a.t.).  I guess they were right.

I am truly disappointed that Marco has allowed himself the shameful
luxury of sinking to this level. Never mind the subject of maturity;
let's consider whether we want to act as civilized beings or as
barbarians.

We've all reacted in anger at times, but to continue in this vein over
a period of time (with the venom getting stronger!) indicates a lack
of regard for honorable conduct, and hence a lack of self respect.

Even if only a temporary state, it's a deplorable one. Furthermore,
it indicates that one is allowing oneself the self stimulation from
the chemicals that the body produces during anger, and there is reason
to believe that this sort of natural high is addictive. In other words,
it may *not* be a temporary state, in the absence of self discipline.

Consider carefully what you're doing to yourself, and whether it's
really worth it. "Hormonal highs...just say no!" :-)
	Doug
--
Doug Merritt		{pyramid,apple}!xdos!doug
Member, Crusaders for a Better Tomorrow		Professional Wildeyed Visionary

In article <437@xdos.UUCP> doug@xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt) writes:
>In article <18976@usc.edu> papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:
****><Naah, you're too ignorant to be able to do that.
    >[blah-blah-blah]

>I am truly disappointed that Marco has allowed himself the shameful
>luxury of sinking to this level. Never mind the subject of maturity;
>let's consider whether we want to act as civilized beings or as barbarians.

The above sentence (****) was over the limit 'on purpose'. As a result of
it, I passed the past couple of days exchanging e-mail with Deven, in a
manner that in my opinion has been very constructive. From what I have heard
from Deven, he is on the right track. And he is NOT in my KILL file any more.
Deven promised that he'll try to be less 'inflammatory' and will cut down the
'size' of his postings. He showed to be a guy that can actually listen,
which is not of everybody today.

>Even if only a temporary state, it's a deplorable one. Furthermore,
>it indicates that one is allowing oneself the self stimulation from
>the chemicals that the body produces during anger, and there is reason
>to believe that this sort of natural high is addictive. In other words,
>it may *not* be a temporary state, in the absence of self discipline.

Gee, I liked that :-) Unfortunately it was totally "cold blooded" in the sense
that it was carefully constructed to obtain a given goal. If it seemed even
somewhat 'out of line' that was also premeditated. None of it was done out of
anger.

>Consider carefully what you're doing to yourself, and whether it's
>really worth it. "Hormonal highs...just say no!" :-)

Hm. I can't drink, smoke, or get stoned (I have an allergy to each one). Maybe
"hormonal highs" are the only highs I can get :^)

-- Marco Papa 'Doc'
uucp:...!pollux!papa       BIX:papa       ARPAnet:pollux!papa@oberon.usc.edu
"There's Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Diga and Caligari!" -- Rick Unland

shadow@pawl.rpi.edu (Deven T. Corzine) (08/06/89)

On 6 Aug 89 09:11:37 GMT, papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) said:
In article <437@xdos.UUCP> doug@xdos.UUCP (Doug Merritt) writes:
In article <18976@usc.edu> papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa) writes:

Marco> Naah, you're too ignorant to be able to do that.

[yah, right]

Doug> I am truly disappointed that Marco has allowed himself the
Doug> shameful luxury of sinking to this level. Never mind the subject
Doug> of maturity; let's consider whether we want to act as civilized
Doug> beings or as barbarians.

Marco> The above sentence was over the limit 'on purpose'. As a result
Marco> of it, I passed the past couple of days exchanging e-mail with
Marco> Deven, in a manner that in my opinion has been very
Marco> constructive.

I thought so.

Marco> From what I have heard from Deven, he is on the right track.
Marco> And he is NOT in my KILL file any more.  Deven promised that
Marco> he'll try to be less 'inflammatory' and will cut down the
Marco> 'size' of his postings.

I'll try.  That posting on Exec is pending.

Marco> He showed to be a guy that can actually listen, which is not of
Marco> everybody today.

Gee, thanks!  ;-)

Dven
--
Deven T. Corzine        Internet:  deven@rpi.edu, shadow@pawl.rpi.edu
Snail:  2214 12th Street, Troy, NY 12180       Phone:  (518) 271-0750

AAW151%URIACC.BITNET@brownvm.brown.edu (Andy Patrizio) (10/11/90)

Talk about your let-downs...

I waited so long to get my hands on Might and Magic II, only to find that the l
azy programmers at New World Computing did a direct port from the Apple IIe ver
sion. Apple IIe graphics on an Amiga... what a horrendous sight.

Once again we see fantastic hardware is useless if the software stinks.

---
Andy Patrizio              Bitnet: aaw151@uriacc.bitnet
B100C Ellery               Internet: aaw151%uriacc.uri.edu@brownvm.brown.edu
URI                        Usenet:  simon@sbs.bbs.com