[comp.sys.amiga] DirWork V1.12

jupiter@olympus.mlb.fl.us (Kurt R. Hawkes) (10/08/90)

Has anyone else noticed a problem between the above two programs?

Just today I unarchived DirWork V1.12 wich was posted to comp.binaries.amiga.
After running the above program, an alert box (the ones simular to the
guru box, orange box at the top of the screen, flashing) opens up with the
above message:

VMK found ADDTASK=$00xxxxxx            which is abmormal.  Might be a virus.

[bunch of garbage ~ the sizw of the screen]

Press LEFT mouse button to COLD START(Clear).     RIGHT to DO NOTHING.

This strangness only occures when both Xoper and DirWork are running.  I
cannot tell which program doesn't like the other.  Each runs fine alone.

Any Ideas????  (Side note: Running on an 2000 w/ 1.3)

Kurt

| Kurt Hawkes              Amiga 2000  (Hey, it works! Works well!)          |
|                    //                (Just cover up the C word!)           |
| Warning:          //  Choose:                                              |
|   Dangerous      //      (a) jupiter@olympus.mlb.fl.us                 \   |
|   Thinker    \\ //       (b) jupiter@cis.ufl.edu                        \  |
|   On Board!   \X/     or (c) jupiter@elm.circa.ufl.edu                 / \ |

IMS103@psuvm.psu.edu (Ian Matthew Smith) (10/10/90)

Try turing off DW's "Perodic Virus Memory Check'.  DW reports
'viruses' with several programs I have including recoverable
ram disks.  Other than that, it is a nice utility.

Ian Smith <ims103@psuvm.bitnet>

wschmidt@phobix (Wolfram Schmidt) (10/11/90)

In article <jupiter.5096@olympus.mlb.fl.us> jupiter@olympus.mlb.fl.us (Kurt R. Hawkes) writes:
>Has anyone else noticed a problem between the above two programs?
[...]
>VMK found ADDTASK=$00xxxxxx            which is abmormal.  Might be a virus.
[...]
>Any Ideas????  (Side note: Running on an 2000 w/ 1.3)
[...]

That's OK. Xoper keeps track of the running tasks. What I find really annoying is
that DirWork checks every few second. I've found no way stopping this. Did I
miss it in the manual? If it isn't stoppable the author should change this IMHO.
Perhaps check on startup and have a 'Check' button.
I've PatchLoadSeg installed. I get two alerts everytime.

Wolfram
--
Wolfram Schmidt
Regardless what some silly news software tries to tell you my email address is:

ins778u@vax4.cc.monash.edu.au (mr c.r. hames) (10/11/90)

wschmidt@IAO.FhG.de (Wolfram Schmidt) writes:
>That's OK. Xoper keeps track of the running tasks. What I find really annoying is
>that DirWork checks every few second. I've found no way stopping this. Did I
>miss it in the manual? If it isn't stoppable the author should change this IMHO.
>Perhaps check on startup and have a 'Check' button.
>I've PatchLoadSeg installed. I get two alerts everytime.

     Just go up to the menu bar and switch off periodic virus memory check.
And if you want that option always like that, select SAVE current config give
the name of your DW executable and it will be modified to have your settings
as soon as it starts up.

Please note that it says could be virus not virus, when it finds something
strange.
--
Chris Hames - C/Assembler programmer | Fish: DirWork,FSDirs,VMK..|  /~\/ \
              3:633/301.0 (Fido)     | Commercial:  Classified.  | (  OZ  )