[comp.sys.amiga] UNIX Amiga, multimedia, EDUCOM...

Here is most of a press release from Commodore regarding, among
other things, there Unix machine and EDUCOM in Atlanta.

Commodore Welcomes You to EDUCOM 90

Commodore has invited EDUCOM attendees to their suite on the 17th floor
of the Hyatt Regency in Atlanta, Georgia to preview UNIX V.4 running on
the Amiga 3000. This release features "enhanced" performance over the
current release at Virginia TECH (which upgrades over the holidays).

Dale Luck from GFX BASE will be showing X on the Amiga workstations attached
to the UNIX server.  Commodore will have both the product and engineering
groups in the suite to answer questions about how the current preview program
is coming. Over nine sites are currently using the A3000UX system.

I am told that the booth is open in the evenings from 6 to 10 pm on the
Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday.

Drs Tim Lance and Herb Brown from SUNY-Albany will be in the suite to discuss
their current use of MAPLE and MATH VISION. (MAPLE will be one of the first
ports to the new UNIX system.)

Drs Bill Pough and Len Nasman from Ohio State will be talking about their
CAD and structual physics applications.

Dr. John Ittleson from Cal State Chico will be showing multimedia development
techniques that went into their video disc project. (Commodore will be
annoucing a joint venture with Pioneer and Scholastic for multimedia disc
development and distribution. A video disc player bundle with a fully loaded
Amiga will be coming out in December.)

Dale Luck will be talking about X window applications for the Amiga and recent
DECNET product announcements using his product.

Dr. Tom Hockney from the Moorehead Planetarium will be showing the NEW
VISTA PRO and enhanced Distant SUNS products from Vitural Reality. (These
products will be featured in the HOT Christmas ads Commodore has in the works
for this month... first one breaks in PEOPLE magazine and asks the question:
"Will your child ever graduate from Video Games?")

	-- Ethan

Ethan Solomita: es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu

*Iraq += *Kuwait;
NumCountries--;

and by popular demand...

free(Kuwait);

ruslan@uncecs.edu (Robin C. LaPasha) (10/11/90)

In article <1990Oct11.045658.9251@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu>, es1@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
> Here is most of a press release from Commodore regarding, among
> other things, there Unix machine and EDUCOM in Atlanta.
>
> Commodore Welcomes You to EDUCOM 90
>

> Dr. Tom Hockney from the Moorehead Planetarium will be showing the NEW
> VISTA PRO and enhanced Distant SUNS products from Vitural Reality. (These
> products will be featured in the HOT Christmas ads Commodore has in the works
> for this month... first one breaks in PEOPLE magazine and asks the question:
> "Will your child ever graduate from Video Games?")

Uh, that's Tom Hocking from the Morehead Planetarium.  As in "-ing"
not "-ney", one 'O' for Morehead.  No flames intended, but he's our
local guy so I'm setting it straight.  You're welcome to pass it
back to the folks who wrote the PR... ;^)

--
Robin LaPasha              |Keeper of the Amiga