[comp.sys.amiga] CrossDOS VS MessyDOS

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (10/08/90)

In article <m24kq5w163w@valnet> joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>Try MessyDOS. It's better than CrossDOS and free (shareware?) too.

I've seen *many* claims such as this.  I've only used CrossDOS which has
been quite faithful in it's functuality.  Why do you claim it's
better?

--
John  M.  Adams    --**--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     ///
Internet:   jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu    ///

rhialto@cs.kun.nl (Olaf Seibert) (10/12/90)

In article <24752@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
| In article <m24kq5w163w@valnet> joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
| >Try MessyDOS. It's better than CrossDOS and free (shareware?) too.
|
| I've seen *many* claims such as this.  I've only used CrossDOS which has
| been quite faithful in it's functuality.  Why do you claim it's
| better?

Because you get source? ;-)
--
Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert                               rhialto@cs.kun.nl
How can you be so stupid if you're identical to me? -Robert Silverberg

pnelson@hobbes.uucp (Phil Nelson) (10/12/90)

In article <24752@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) writes:
>In article <m24kq5w163w@valnet> joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>>Try MessyDOS. It's better than CrossDOS and free (shareware?) too.

>I've seen *many* claims such as this.  I've only used CrossDOS which has
>been quite faithful in it's functuality.  Why do you claim it's
>better?

My guess is because the author said so. On the net. Several times.

I use them both, they both work. I use CrossDOS on a 2000 with lots of
hard disk, and MSH on a 1000 with no hard disk but a RAM disk. The reason
I use CrossDOS on the 2000 is because I paid $15. for it and it works.
The reason I use MessyDOS on the 1000 is because I messed up execute or
xicon or iconx or something and the CrossDOS install won't work without it.

I have not found any other important difference between the two.
Definitely no reason to change from CrossDOS to MessyDOS

>John  M.  Adams    --**--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     ///

--
Phil Nelson . ames!pyramid!oliveb!tymix!hobbes!pnelson . Voice:408-922-7508

	Clean House...
		and Senate!