[comp.sys.amiga] ANIM format!

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (10/09/90)

> d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1990Oct9.195323.2476@nada.kth.se>
>
> Org.  : Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden
> Person: Ron Birk
>

> I post this for a friend but do answer me:
>
> I just cant find the documentation of the ANIM format. I searched ALL
> my books etc and couldn't find it. I found all about IFF etc but not
> about the ANIM. Please, are there someone out there who now anything
> about it?
>
> Ron Birk, d89-rbi@nada.kth.se

As far as I know, it should be documented in in the RKM manual: Includes and
AutoDocs, Addison-Wesley (1989) starting on page I-91. This book should be
available from local computer/book stores or from CBM. The exact same
information is also on Fred Fish disk #185. This disk is the "IFF '88" release.
The anim information is not on any previous IFF disks that I know of.
-Ron Tarrant
a976@Mindlink.UUCP

d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (10/10/90)

whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu (Alan Whinery) (10/11/90)

In article <1990Oct9.195323.2476@nada.kth.se> d89-rbi@dront.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>I post this for a friend but do answer me:
>I found all about IFF etc but not
>about the ANIM. Please, are there someone out there who now anything
>about it?
>
>Ron Birk, d89-rbi@nada.kth.se

I have the developer's packet (from BIX) that is mentioned in the libs&devs
RKM, which includes the ANIM formats as well as several example programs.
I will need to read the distribution notes to determine whether I can legally
pass it on... but I will be happy to if so. Otherwise, it is available from
amiga.dev on BIX, and possibly on Bytenet. Those interested please mail me
with in the next couple of days for a status report.

Alan Whinery
(whinery@hale.ifa.hawaii.edu)

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/11/90)

Mail someone at CATS. You might want to mail either of these two::

daveh@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
diamond@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

JKT100@psuvm.psu.edu (JKT) (10/12/90)

Um...

In article <H5Fuq10w163w@valnet>, joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg)
says:

>Mail someone at CATS. You might want to mail either of these two::
>
>daveh@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
>diamond@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com

Neither of these nice folks are in CATS.  Yes, they are kind enough
to post to the net answering our questions and correctiong our
misconceptions, but neither deserves to be innundated with "what's
the proper format for an ANIM file" questions.

Trying to protect our limited Haynie and Diamond resources,  ;-)

                                                            Kurt
|| Kurt Tappe   (215) 363-9485  || Amigas, Macs, IBM's, C-64's, NeXTs, ||
|| 184 W. Valley Hill Rd.       ||  Apple ]['s....  I use 'em all.     ||
|| Malvern, PA 19355-2214       ||  (and in that order too!   ;-)      ||
||  jkt100@psuvm.bitnet  jkt100%psuvm.bitnet@psuvax1  QLink: KurtTappe ||