[comp.sys.amiga] Looking for screen capture and conversion utilities

giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Eric Giguere) (10/11/90)

Can anyone point me to utilities for:

  1. Capturing an Amiga graphics screen and saving it in ILBM form so I
	 can load it up with AmigaVision.

  2. Converting from common IBM-world screen formats (i.e. TIFF) to ILBM.

Thanks....

--
Eric Giguere                                       giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA

manes@vger.nsu.edu (10/11/90)

In article <1990Oct10.233423.16093@maytag.waterloo.edu>, giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Eric Giguere) writes:
> Can anyone point me to utilities for:
>
>   1. Capturing an Amiga graphics screen and saving it in ILBM form so I
> 	 can load it up with AmigaVision.

If you can find the program from Discovery Software called GraBIT, it will
capture screens and place them in a IFF format.

>   2. Converting from common IBM-world screen formats (i.e. TIFF) to ILBM.

ASDG has an answer for this with its product -- The Art Department.

> Thanks....

More than Welcome!

> --
> Eric Giguere                                       giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA

-mark=
Mr. AmigaVision
manes@vger.nsu.edu

a45@mindlink.UUCP (Ken Cooper) (10/11/90)

ImageLink also does various format conversions:

        Caligari Broadcast
        Compuserve GIF
        DigiView RGB
        IFF ILBM
        MAC PICT
        PC Paintbrush PCX
        Sculpt Raw RGB
        Sun Rasterfile
        TIFF
        TrueVision Targa and Vista
        Turbo Silver

--
  Too much light and we are blinded; too much darkness and we are lost.
| Ken Cooper   KenCoopera45@mindlink.UUCP    COMPUSERVE: 73627,2334    |

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/13/90)

manes@vger.nsu.edu writes:

> In article <1990Oct10.233423.16093@maytag.waterloo.edu>, giguere@csg.UWaterlo
> > Can anyone point me to utilities for:
> >
> >   1. Capturing an Amiga graphics screen and saving it in ILBM form so I
> > 	 can load it up with AmigaVision.
>
> If you can find the program from Discovery Software called GraBIT, it will
> capture screens and place them in a IFF format.
An even better choice would be Steve Tibbett's ScreenX 2.x. It does just
as nice as GRABBiT, and has only crashed once, (when I ran Keef the
Thief).

> >   2. Converting from common IBM-world screen formats (i.e. TIFF) to ILBM.
>
> ASDG has an answer for this with its product -- The Art Department.
The Art Department Pro is due out soon, and I hope it can use the
CBM/ULowell card.

> > Thanks....
>
> More than Welcome!
>

> > --