[comp.sys.amiga] Flicker reducer program?

Bill.Frandsen@samba.acs.unc.edu (Bill Frandsen) (10/12/90)

Does anyone have the program that is mentioned in the November
AMiga World that is supposed to reduce flicker on hi-res screens
automatically?  It is the most downloaded item from one of the
big systems (either GEnie or Bix or something) in the last
month.  If so, can you upload it to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov?  I'm sure
everyone would like to see it.
--

871579l@aucs.uucp (Todd Lowe) (10/13/90)

In article <1304@beguine.UUCP> Bill.Frandsen@samba.acs.unc.edu (Bill Frandsen) writes:
>Does anyone have the program that is mentioned in the November
>AMiga World that is supposed to reduce flicker on hi-res screens
>automatically?  It is the most downloaded item from one of the
>big systems (either GEnie or Bix or something) in the last
>month.  If so, can you upload it to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov?  I'm sure
>everyone would like to see it.
>--

 I have it, it is good, but could be a lot better.  If no one else
 has uploaded it the next time I get on the system (probably SUNDAY), then
 I will upload it to New Xanth (abcfd20 .... you know) as

	  /incoming/amiga/anti-flick.lzh

	  -Todd

	  PS: i'll post once it's there.

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/13/90)

Bill.Frandsen@samba.acs.unc.edu (Bill Frandsen) writes:

> Does anyone have the program that is mentioned in the November
> AMiga World that is supposed to reduce flicker on hi-res screens
> automatically?  It is the most downloaded item from one of the
> big systems (either GEnie or Bix or something) in the last
> month.  If so, can you upload it to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov?  I'm sure
> everyone would like to see it.
> --

-Joseph Hillenburg

UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/13/90)

Bill.Frandsen@samba.acs.unc.edu (Bill Frandsen) writes:

> Does anyone have the program that is mentioned in the November
> AMiga World that is supposed to reduce flicker on hi-res screens
> automatically?  It is the most downloaded item from one of the
> big systems (either GEnie or Bix or something) in the last
> month.  If so, can you upload it to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov?  I'm sure
> everyone would like to see it.
> --

Sure. It's not really a flicker-reducer, but it smooths the colors so
that the flicker is less apparent. Look for
/incoming/amiga/antiflicker.lzh