[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga Arcnet/Novell

gsarff@meph.UUCP (Gary Sarff) (10/12/90)

I was reading the recent AmigaWhirled networking article and there was
mention made of an Arcnet board and software called AS220 that let the amiga
be a novell client.  I am wondering what company is the actual designer or
manufacturer of the board.  The reason is, I have Arcnet boards for the amiga
now, made by Ameristar and I am trying to determine if they would be
compatible with the AS220 software, (The AS in the name is suspiciously like
AmeriStar.)  It would be unfortunate to have to buy new arcnet boards from
commodore.  Does anyone know, will someone from commodore speak?  If they are
compatible I would want to get the AS220 software from commodore for these
boards.  Right now I am using software we wrote to interface the amigas to
our own mini's using our own protocol, (we make the systems, I write the OS.)

Thanks for help if anyone knows the answer to this question.

  gary sarff
    gsarff@wicat.UUCP

                          I _don't_ live for the Leap!
     ..uplherc!wicat!sarek!gsarff

rick@ameristar (Rick Spanbauer) (10/13/90)

In article <00024@meph.UUCP> gsarff@meph.UUCP writes:
>I was reading the recent AmigaWhirled networking article and there was
>mention made of an Arcnet board and software called AS220 that let the amiga
>be a novell client.  I am wondering what company is the actual designer or
>manufacturer of the board.  The reason is, I have Arcnet boards for the amiga
>now, made by Ameristar and I am trying to determine if they would be
>compatible with the AS220 software, (The AS in the name is suspiciously like
>AmeriStar.)  It would be unfortunate to have to buy new arcnet boards from

	Ameristar was not involved in the Amiga Novell port in any
	way.

>  gary sarff

					Rick Spanbauer
					Ameristar Technology