[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga port of RayShade

gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) (10/13/90)

Hi.  Has anybody done a port of RayShade to the Amiga?
Also, how does this compare with QRT?  QRT is great!

			Thanks, Ralph

gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu       gilgalad@zip.eecs.umich.edu
gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu     Ralph_Seguin@ub.cc.umich.edu
gilgalad@sparky.eecs.umich.edu    USER6TUN@UMICHUB.BITNET

Ralph Seguin		| "You mean THE Zaphod Beeblebrox?"
536 South Forest	|
Apartment 915		| "No.  Haven't you heard, I come in six packs!"
Ann Arbor, MI 48104	|
(313) 662-4805

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Colin DeWolfe) (10/13/90)

In article <1990Oct12.231550.28433@caen.engin.umich.edu> gilgalad@caen.engin.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin) writes:
>Hi.  Has anybody done a port of RayShade to the Amiga?
>Also, how does this compare with QRT?  QRT is great!
>
>			Thanks, Ralph

I have...... I am not releasing binaries currently to the net because
Craig (the original author) is going to finish a upgrade in the next month or
so and I'll port those as soon as I get them (actually, I'm gonna put ifdefs
in the code to get it to compile and resubmit the sources to him so he has
one master source instead of mutant strains :-) Then I'll post the bins.

As for comparing it to qrt, it eats qrt for lunch:-)  texture mapping, bump
maps, hieght fields and lotsa other neat stuff (i.e., fog)

voxel subdivision also speeds thing up ALOT

Currently, I have a '030 + '881 version running on my 3000-25/100

Colin DeWolfe				dewolfe@iris1.ucis.dal.ca
					dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca