> Msg-ID: <s29Dq3w163w@valnet>
>
> Org.  : Valley BBS Network
> Person: Joseph P. Hillenburg
>
> Ok.
>
> 1) What does ASDG stand for?
>
> UUCP: ...iuvax!valnet!joseph
> ARPA: valnet!joseph@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
> INET: joseph@valnet.UUCP

Just for the heck of it, I'd like to forward a theory on this one.
ASDG doesn't actually stand for anything. If you look at your keyboard you will
find that the home row keys (reading from the left) are A, S, D, F. Since this
doesn't have much of a ring, let's skip the F and go to the next letter - G.
ASDG - named after the home keys.
How am I doing Perry?
-Ron Tarrant
a976@Mindlink.UUCP

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) (10/02/90)

Ok.

1) What does ASDG stand for?

2) Will TAD Pro support the CBM/ULowell 24 bit card?

3) Does ASDG-RAM work with 2.0? If there is a new version, can you mail
   it to me, and dolmen!graham@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu?

4) It seems that ASDG is a one man operation. Can you tell me a little
   bit about the company?

5) How close are you to Commodore?

-Joseph Hillenburg

joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>Ok.
>
>1) What does ASDG stand for?

Well, guessing is fun; I look at that and "Amiga Software Development Group"
seems to spring off the screen at me.

Perry?

Kent, the man from xanth.

lhummel@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (10/07/90)

> 1) What does ASDG stand for?

Advanced Systems Design Group.

perry@madnix.UUCP (Perry Kivolowitz) (10/13/90)

In article <1990Oct5.010818.25513@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG> xanthian@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG (Kent Paul Dolan) writes:
>joseph@valnet.UUCP (Joseph P. Hillenburg) writes:
>>Ok.
>>
>>1) What does ASDG stand for?
>
>Well, guessing is fun; I look at that and "Amiga Software Development Group"
>seems to spring off the screen at me.

The founding  partners of  ASDG all came from the high end Unix workstation
environment. Our intent was to form a company that only and exclusively did
OEM oriented designs. We never intended to build or sell anything ourselves
or directly to the public.

It was with this  mission  in  mind we  decided  upon  the name of Advanced
Systems Design  Group. This name suggested that all we did was design stuff
for other people.

Well, I don't know if you can recall...but in 1985 there didn't turn out to
be a whole lot  of  demand for industrial or commercial OEM products design
based around the Amiga. But that's another story.

When we incorporated, we discovered that a landscaping company already held
the name  Advanced Scenic  Design Group.  So,  rather than  risk  a  naming
conflict we simply chose the initials as our formal name.

And that's the tale behind the name....ASDG.

--
Perry Kivolowitz, ASDG Inc. ``We look for things. Things that make us go.''
	UUCP:  {harvard|rutgers|ucbvax}!uwvax!astroatc!nicmad!madnix!perry