[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga UUCP Netnews?

bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) (10/14/90)

Am I being a bit obtuse or is there no way to feed netnews (Usenet
newsgroups) to a site below me?  I've been looking through the docs and I see
no mention of sending newsfeeds to another site.  There doesn't seem to be a
batch program (In ver 1.06D) so I can't mail out rnews batches either.  Am I
missing something or doesn't Amiga UUCP 1.06D support the feeding of news to
another site?

Also, a site that I am connected to (running a Mac with A/UX 2.0) is having
some problems with mail.  When he manually polls me the mail seems to get to
him just fine.  When his system automatically polls me, it seems that his
daemon requests the copies instead of root or his username.  He tells me this
results in lost mail..and it doesn't bounce back to me.  What's the problem
here.  I rather think it's on his end but I am unsure.  Can anyone please
enlighten me on these 2 items.

Thanks in advance.

-- Bob
______ Pro-Graphics BBS  `It's better than a sharp stick in the eye!' ________

    UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!bobl         |         Pro-Graphics: 908/469-0049
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!bobl@nosc.mil      |       America Online: Graphics3d
Internet: bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com       |           CompuServe: RIP
_________                                                          ___________
          Raven Enterprises  25 Raven Avenue  Piscataway, NJ 08854

rwm@atronx.UUCP (Russell McOrmond) (10/15/90)

In a message posted on 14 Oct 90 13:56:01 GMT,
bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) wrote:
SA>Am I being a bit obtuse or is there no way to feed netnews (Usenet
SA>newsgroups) to a site below me?  I've been looking through the docs and I see

Well, the UUCP distributions do not have such a program, but I have been running
such a program on Atronx for quite some time.  It's in Beta Test (IE: Still
has Bugs, but what UUCP/Fidonet programs for the Amiga don't ;-), but it is
working quite well at the moment.

  It's author is Gregory Kritsch (xenitec!tirith!ggk), and he might be willing
to send out copies, or at least further information to interested parties.

SA>here.  I rather think it's on his end but I am unsure.  Can anyone please
SA>enlighten me on these 2 items.

I've never heard of the Above, so can't be of much help - He should just
be dealing with what's presented to him (Via the contents of the C.file).

---
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own.  My Employer does not even
know what these networks ARE.

  Russell McOrmond   rwm@atronx.UUCP   {fts1,alzabo}!atronx!rwm
  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109

jdp@caleb.UUCP (Jim Pritchett) (10/15/90)

[]

In article <5034@crash.cts.com>
bobl@pro-graphics.cts.com (System Administrator) writes:

> Am I being a bit obtuse or is there no way to feed netnews (Usenet
> newsgroups) to a site below me?  I've been looking through the docs and

I haven't found one.  When I was feeding news to another site, I just
built some shell script type files to copy the raw batched files that
come in and send them on to the downstream site.  I run a rather kludged
setup on my system, though.  It would be nice if someone added a real
newsfeed capability to the Amiga uucp stuff.  Also, "I have - send me"
would be another nice feature to add.  Is anyone working on these?

By the way, you probably DON'T want my script files.  They are based on
my totally unorthodox use of BOTH uuPC and uucp in my system.

I'm sorry that I have not been more help...

--

                                                Jim Pritchett

UUCP:  texsun.central.sun.com!letni!rwsys!caleb!jdp
 or    letni.lonestar.org!dms3b1!caleb!jdp