[comp.sys.amiga] A3000/25-100 & RAM

amc4919@cec2.wustl.edu (Adam M. Costello) (10/09/90)

In all of the documentation that I got from two different dealers, nothing
mentioned that the A3000/25-100 came with more RAM than the A3000/25-50.
Thinking that the price difference was too much just for 50MB of hard disk
storage, I bought the 25-50 (which I'm very happy with!).  If the 25-100
indeed comes with 3 more MB of RAM, then the price difference is much more
reasonable.  I guess I would have bought the same model anyway, since I
couldn't afford the 25-100 (heck, I couldn't even afford the one I bought;
I'm still in debt!), but I'm disturbed that I wasn't informed.  Does anyone
out there know _for_sure_ (i.e. has official documentation) how much RAM the
A3000/25-100 comes with?
Thanks!
AMC

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/10/90)

     What do you mean you "weren't informed."  Seeing your message, I'm
assuming you read and write English.  It's says right on the literature
and the forms that one system comes w/ 2 meg, the other w/ 5 meg.

rwm@atronx.UUCP (Russell McOrmond) (10/10/90)

In a message posted on 9 Oct 90 23:02:00 GMT,
jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu wrote:
j>
j>     What do you mean you "weren't informed."  Seeing your message, I'm
j>assuming you read and write English.  It's says right on the literature
j>and the forms that one system comes w/ 2 meg, the other w/ 5 meg.

That's funny.  The A30000/25/100 machines that we've received had 2M of
ram, not 5M.. Which literature do you refer to?

---
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own.  My Employer does not even
know what these networks ARE.

  Russell McOrmond   rwm@atronx.UUCP   {fts1,alzabo}!atronx!rwm
  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109

geneh@crash.cts.com (Gene Heitman) (10/12/90)

In article <1990Oct9.060344.12275@cec1.wustl.edu> amc4919@cec2.wustl.edu (Adam M. Costello) writes:
>In all of the documentation that I got from two different dealers, nothing
>mentioned that the A3000/25-100 came with more RAM than the A3000/25-50.
>Thinking that the price difference was too much just for 50MB of hard disk
>storage, I bought the 25-50 (which I'm very happy with!).  If the 25-100
>indeed comes with 3 more MB of RAM, then the price difference is much more
>reasonable.  I guess I would have bought the same model anyway, since I
>couldn't afford the 25-100 (heck, I couldn't even afford the one I bought;
>I'm still in debt!), but I'm disturbed that I wasn't informed.  Does anyone
>out there know _for_sure_ (i.e. has official documentation) how much RAM the
>A3000/25-100 comes with?
>Thanks!
>AMC

Adam, The A3000-25/100 at first came with 1 Meg of Chip and 1 Meg of Fast
RAM.  Just a short time ago Commodore decided to start shipping this
version of the A3000 with 1 Meg of Chip and 4 meg of Fast RAM at no
additional charge.  Commodore is also shipping all A2500/30s with fully
populated 2630 cards (i.e. 4 Meg of RAM) and all 2630 cards shipped by
themselves now have 4 Meg of RAM as well.
                                              Gene Heitman

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (10/12/90)

     I've got the literature for the Commodore Educational Pricing
program which states:
  AMIGA 3000/25-50 SYSTEM
 List $4798 Education: $3039

A3000/25-50:Motorola 68030 CPU 25(MHz), 68882 math co, 2MG ram....., 50meg
     drive, etc.....

then,
  AMIGA 3000/25-100 system
List $5798    Educ. $3899

A3000/25-100:Motorola 68030 CPU, 25MHz, 68882 math co, 5 MG ram,...,100meg
hard drive, etc.....

     It's all there in black in white.
                                             Jason

manes@vger.nsu.edu (10/15/90)

In article <4926@crash.cts.com>, geneh@crash.cts.com (Gene Heitman) writes:
> In article <1990Oct9.060344.12275@cec1.wustl.edu> amc4919@cec2.wustl.edu (Adam M. Costello) writes:
> Adam, The A3000-25/100 at first came with 1 Meg of Chip and 1 Meg of Fast
> RAM.  Just a short time ago Commodore decided to start shipping this
> version of the A3000 with 1 Meg of Chip and 4 meg of Fast RAM at no
> additional charge.  Commodore is also shipping all A2500/30s with fully
> populated 2630 cards (i.e. 4 Meg of RAM) and all 2630 cards shipped by
> themselves now have 4 Meg of RAM as well.
>                                               Gene Heitman

Almost.  There was about $300 added to the price.

 -mark=