[comp.sys.amiga] Where is my SAS upgrade?

don@brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) (10/14/90)

	Has anyboady experienced any long waits for the upgrade from 5.05 to
5.10?  Most people seem to have the upgrade now; but I sent the form in
over a month ago and haven't heard a thing.
	I'll probably call them in a few days, but I figured I'd ask around first
to find out if it's a common problem or it's just me :-)

rwm@atronx.UUCP (Russell McOrmond) (10/15/90)

In a message posted on 14 Oct 90 15:50:39 GMT,
don@brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) wrote:

DRL>	Has anyboady experienced any long waits for the upgrade from 5.05 to
DRL>5.10?  Most people seem to have the upgrade now; but I sent the form in
DRL>over a month ago and haven't heard a thing.

Same thing here - I did call, and was told they were out of disks.  I'm not all
that worried myself, as I'm already using the 2.0 calls (I'm a registered
developer and own an a3000), but I do hope that they'll be able to get things
organized pretty soon.

---
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own.  My Employer does not even
know what these networks ARE.

  Russell McOrmond   rwm@atronx.UUCP   {fts1,alzabo}!atronx!rwm
  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109

stelmack@screamer.csee.usf.edu (Gregory M. Stelmack) (10/15/90)

In article <51953.655962304@atronx.UUCP> rwm@atronx.UUCP (Russell McOrmond) writes:
>In a message posted on 14 Oct 90 15:50:39 GMT,
>don@brahms.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd) wrote:
>DRL>
>DRL>	Has anyboady experienced any long waits for the upgrade from 5.05 to
>DRL>5.10?  Most people seem to have the upgrade now; but I sent the form in
>DRL>over a month ago and haven't heard a thing.
>
>Same thing here - I did call, and was told they were out of disks.  I'm not all
>that worried myself, as I'm already using the 2.0 calls (I'm a registered
>developer and own an a3000), but I do hope that they'll be able to get things
>organized pretty soon.
>
>---
>  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own.  My Employer does not even
>know what these networks ARE.
>
>  Russell McOrmond   rwm@atronx.UUCP   {fts1,alzabo}!atronx!rwm
>  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
>  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109

It took almost exactly one month for my SAS/C upgrade to get to me, but it
wasn't SAS' fault -- they sent it 3 days after I called, and it took ROADWAY
PACKING SYSTEMS 3 weeks to move it from North Carolina to Florida. Then, when
it got here, they couldn't deliver it to me (I live in a University dorm, and
have a box which they don't deliver to), and I kept getting an answering
machine when I tried to call and get directions to get down to them to pick it
up. I finally managed to give them directions they could follow, and it got
here almost one month to the day after SAS sent it. I don't necessarily fault
them for the extra time it took once in Tampa (although the inability of me to
get directions to them slowed it down), but 3 weeks from North Carolina to
Florida is LUDICROUS!

Sorry to vent frustrations here, but felt it should be known that not all
delays are SAS' fault.

Also, with my payment (which was probably LATE due to RPS' delays in getting
it to me), I included a note for SAS letting them know of the troubles...

-- Greg Stelmack
-- Email: stelmack@sol.csee.usf.edu
-- USmail: USF Box 1510, Tampa, FL 33620-1510
-- Amiga: the only way to compute!
-- IRAQNOPHOBIA: Nothing a little RAID wouldn't cure!