[comp.sys.amiga] Voice Synthesizer Phonemes

palmerc@infonode.ingr.com (Chris Palmer) (10/17/90)

I don't have access to my ridiculously inadaquate user's manuals that came
with my A1000 (they are at my parents house), so I have a question:

	Are the phoneme lists that the speech synthesizer uses
	documented in the User's Manuals?

If not, where are they documented?  Does anyone has a list and description
of them?

I am trying to create an application that uses speech and the translator
library is inadequate and annoying.  I would like to tailor the inflection
and pronounciation in a more realistic way.

Has anyone created a tool for that?  I was thinking about doing something
like a speech paint program.  A program that would allow you to input text
then assign it to different audio-ports, set the gender of the voice,
adjust all parameters with sliders, insert phonetic pronounciation to replace
the words that the translator has trouble with.  Oooohh, I can see it now,
Hamlet performed on an Amiga :-).

--
|  Christopher M. Palmer                     #                                |
/  Intergraph Corporation                    #                                \

In article <1990Oct16.203908.27956@infonode.ingr.com> palmerc@infonode.UUCP (Chris Palmer) writes:
>	Are the phoneme lists that the speech synthesizer uses
>	documented in the User's Manuals?

Yes.

>Has anyone created a tool for that?  I was thinking about doing something
>like a speech paint program.  A program that would allow you to input text
>then assign it to different audio-ports, set the gender of the voice,
>adjust all parameters with sliders, insert phonetic pronounciation to replace
>the words that the translator has trouble with.  Oooohh, I can see it now,
>Hamlet performed on an Amiga :-).

Hmm, at least a start of this you find in the BasicDemos on the 1.3
Extras disk. The program is called Speech.