[comp.sys.amiga] Deluxe Photolab and printing to files...

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) (10/17/90)

I just got Deluxe Photolab and ran into a horrible problem:  I want
to use the Poster utility, but I don't have a local printer.  I normally
save things to IFF, convert to PostScript and print at another site.

Deluxe Photolab, however, wants to print directly to the printer device
selected in Preferences.

I need to
1. Make Photolab print to a disk/file, or
2. Have a printer driver that diverts output to a file (preferably
   the file-name can be specified, but I'll be happy with *anything*
   at this point).

Thanks for any help..
--
J. Eric Townsend     Internet: jet@uh.edu    Bitnet: jet@UHOU
Systems Manager - University of Houston Dept. of Mathematics - (713) 749-2120

jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu (Jeffrey B Nicholson) (10/17/90)

jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:

>I need to
>1. Make Photolab print to a disk/file, or
>2. Have a printer driver that diverts output to a file (preferably
>   the file-name can be specified, but I'll be happy with *anything*
>   at this point).

How about using CMD?  This program (available on the workbench disk if not
perhaps on the fish disks) diverts output from a port (serial or parallel) to
a file.

>Thanks for any help..

Sure!

--
+----------------------------+-----------------------------------------------+
| jeffo@mrcnext.cso.uiuc.edu | *These opinions are mine*  This .signature is |

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (10/18/90)

>In article <1990Oct17.030554.19820@lavaca.uh.edu> jet@karazm.math.uh.edu (J. Eric Townsend) writes:
>

>I just got Deluxe Photolab and ran into a horrible problem:  I want
>to use the Poster utility, but I don't have a local printer.  I normally
>save things to IFF, convert to PostScript and print at another site.
>
>Deluxe Photolab, however, wants to print directly to the printer device
>selected in Preferences.
>
>I need to
>1. Make Photolab print to a disk/file, or
>2. Have a printer driver that diverts output to a file (preferably
>   the file-name can be specified, but I'll be happy with *anything*
>   at this point).

Try using the CMD command.

It re-directs printer output to a file.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic