[comp.sys.amiga] Animation Question

a1654@mindlink.UUCP (Michael Beck) (10/18/90)

        Sounds like a great idea erik and you can put me at the head of the
list when you port it!
--

a976@mindlink.UUCP (Ron Tarrant) (10/18/90)

> erik@mcrware.UUCP writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <3434@mcrware.UUCP>
>
> Org.  : Microware Systems Corp., Des Moines, Iowa
> Person: Erik Johnson
>
> I want to know if there is currently a program out for the Amiga to do
> the following.  Take cels (any image), connect them together with joints,
> allow the user to set up key frames by moving/rotating parts, have the
> computer create all the inbetweens.
>

> Thanks for your time,
>
> Erik R. Johnson        erik@mcrware.com

The only thing that comes close, if I understand what you're saying, is
DeluxePaint III. Zoetrope and Fantavision allow the user to move brushes around
the screen but don't allow rotations. DeluxePaint III has all the rotations (3
axis), moves (also 3 axis), etc. but not the keyframing capability.
I can't think of anything else current that comes anywhere near what your
program does.
-Ron Tarrant
a976@Mindlink.UUCP

erik@mcrware.UUCP (Erik Johnson) (10/18/90)

I want to know if there is currently a program out for the Amiga to do
the following.  Take cels (any image), connect them together with joints,
allow the user to set up key frames by moving/rotating parts, have the
computer create all the inbetweens.

The reason I want to know, is because I have already developed a version
of this for a different (but similar) computer.  In my program (Vcel),
you have actors built out of a bunch of parts(images) connected with
joints.  Mind you I'm talking about picture images as apposed to vector.

If a similar program exists I would like to know, so I can check it out.
I will most likely port the program regardless if a similar product currently
exists.