[comp.sys.amiga] DNET and AMIGA TTY's and UNIX and DEATH TO VAX! and 43

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (10/18/90)

Alright, who's gonna be the amswer to a prayer?
Who's going to receive Jeremy's infamous:

     SLOPPY WET KISS

for the day? I've helped many of you fellow-amigan's out,
now it's your turn to return the favor.

I'm looking for a program. The origional was called DNET
and on Vax's it allowd windows and multipul TTY's
and lots of other great things. Well, our vax1
is being sold for uh, a quarter or 50 cents
or something, and I now need one for a UNIX operating
system. I know someone out there is using somthing like
this. I mean, hey, the amiga *IS* windows, right?

If a version of DNET doesn't exist for UNIX, or whatever,
is anyone working on anything BETA or GAMMA that
I could test out, and bug proof for you? It'd be
good for both of us. I would use it on a daily basis
anyway.... so....

Also, about that ram I posted about I don't
know the CHIP MERCHANT's phone number.

(the place that sells SIMMS for 39$/meg) but
call 18005551212 and get the number. What do
I look like a PhoneBook? I musta gotten 50 messages.
All: What's the CM's number?

Yeesh! So... who's gonna get Jeremy's WET KISS De' Jour?

Thanks, dudes!

Damn Signature is broken: Leave mail to:

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu
or
jeremy@vax1.udel.edu (if absolutely totally necessary for
			 some wierd reason)

Later, dudes.

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (10/18/90)

In article <14869@brahms.udel.edu> jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:

I usually (actually never) update my own messages, but...
I wrote, yesterday.

>I'm looking for a program. The origional was called DNET
>and on Vax's it allowd windows and multipul TTY's
>and lots of other great things. Well, our vax1
>is being sold for uh, a quarter or 50 cents
>or something, and I now need one for a UNIX operating
>system. I know someone out there is using somthing like
>this. I mean, hey, the amiga *IS* windows, right?
>
>If a version of DNET doesn't exist for UNIX, or whatever,
>is anyone working on anything BETA or GAMMA that
>I could test out, and bug proof for you? It'd be
>good for both of us. I would use it on a daily basis
>anyway.... so....

Ok. Well, for some reason it *WILL* work on our vax1. I
dunno why, but it does. Since our Vax1 is like, I guess
pseudo-unix, or something, it worked!! So...

I went to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov and searched
every damn directory for the blasted
DNET. No luck. Who's gonna help me?
Upload! Upload! Receive Jeremy's Sloppy Kiss D' Jour!!!

So C'mon guys... Help me out!! get my amiga
windowing again!

!!!!!!

       //  Ok.. Contacts, right: THE NET: jeremym@brahms.udel.edu
      //                     Compuserve : 73055,665
     //                      or (73055.665@compuserve.com)
  \\X/  Amiga's rule, but then again, who doesn't really know this??
                  Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions.

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (10/19/90)

In article <14895@brahms.udel.edu> jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) writes:
> Ok. Well, for some reason it *WILL* work on our vax1. I dunno why,
> but it does. Since our Vax1 is like, I guess pseudo-unix, or
> something, it worked!! So...

Have you considered discovering the specifics about your environment
from someone knowledgable about such things?  Useful information, like
what operating system (version) you're using, etc...

> I went to abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov and searched every damn directory
> for the blasted DNET. No luck. Who's gonna help me?

The file /FILES.Z lists every file on the archive.  If you're looking
for something, this is the file to get and search.

A quick grep of that reveals
	usenet/comp.binaries.amiga/volume90/comm/dnet/dnet-2.13
and	usenet/comp.sources.amiga/volume90/comm/dnet/dnet-2.13

It's also available as a single .zoo on ucbvax.berkeley.edu in /pub/amiga/...

> Receive Jeremy's Sloppy Kiss D' Jour!!!

Ummm, no thanks.  I pass...
	...tad