[comp.sys.amiga] Perfect Sound 3.0 - Is anyone supporting this thing?

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (10/16/90)

Does anyone know if Perfect Sound 3.0 (the hardware) works with any other
software digitizing programs than the one that came with it?  I've had
this dumb thing for months and I've tried it with AudioMaster II, Quasarsound,
and just recently AudioMaster III (and it didn't work with that either!)

What gives????  Is anybody going to support the new Perfect Sound or should
I just dump it and buy one that is supported?

Or is there some way I can fix what I have to work with everything else?

David Poland
2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

C503719@UMCVMB.MISSOURI.EDU (Baird McIntosh) (10/16/90)

In Message-ID: <26132.2719e872@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>
          2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu said:
>Does anyone know if Perfect Sound 3.0 (the hardware) works with any other
>software digitizing programs than the one that came with it?  I've had
>this dumb thing for months and I've tried it with AudioMaster II, Quasarsound,
>and just recently AudioMaster III (and it didn't work with that either!)
                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Really?  And I thought AM III was going to support the PS 3.0 hardware!  Plus,
my PS hardware needs to be replaced-- it chops off the bottoms of the waves.
Doesn't degrade the quality *too* low, but who knows how much better my
samples would sound with those bottoms?

>What gives????  Is anybody going to support the new Perfect Sound or should
>I just dump it and buy one that is supported?

Perfect Sound 3.0 hardware has a software controlled input gain; most software
doesn't know about that and so the PS 3.0 hardware is unusable with these
other packages.  I thought OXXI/Aegis was going to remedy this with AM III.

I recommend those in the market for digitizer hardware avoid Perfect Sound 3.x
and go for Amas or Future Sound or anything... I have seen QuasarSound, which
is software and it looks much better than the PS 3.0 software.  SunRize has
a new version of PS -- 3.1 -- which has realtime echos and something else, but
QuasarSound has that too.  So avoid SunRize... they pushed the 3.x Perfect
Sound out the door a bit too early and it shows.

>Or is there some way I can fix what I have to work with everything else?

Don't think so.

>David Poland
>2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu

| Baird McIntosh | c503719@umcvmb.missouri.edu <-or-> c503719@umcvmb.bitnet |
| COOL DRIVING TECHNIQUE #17: Leave your left turn signal on while driving. |
|    (Right signal may be used, but driving with HAZARDS on is _uncool_.)   |

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Col. Ames and Pixel) (10/16/90)

    I saw and *USED* AM III with a PS3.0 to sample LARGE sound at METCOM here
in Arlington this Saturday. There is a button on the window with the MONITOR
buttons that control the type of interface. I saw AMAS, PS2.0 & 3.0 .

    The CD package is nice, and the package never GURU'ed once.
    BOB says check it out.

--
 adam hill                                   Everybody lies about sex.
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu    BOING!4Ever     Rub HER feet!

david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey) (10/17/90)

>In article <26132.2719e872@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> 2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Does anyone know if Perfect Sound 3.0 (the hardware) works with any other
>software digitizing programs than the one that came with it?  I've had
>this dumb thing for months and I've tried it with AudioMaster II, Quasarsound,
>and just recently AudioMaster III (and it didn't work with that either!)
>
>What gives????  Is anybody going to support the new Perfect Sound or should
>I just dump it and buy one that is supported?

It supposedly works with the new release of AudioMaster (AudioMaster III).

I have received mail from one person who is using the PS 3.0 hardware with
the new AudioMaster, and says it works great. I havn't tried it, myself.

>Or is there some way I can fix what I have to work with everything else?

Acording to Amazing Computing, there is a new release of the PerfectSound
software avaliable from SunRize. It contains programming libraries that
allow you to write programs that access the PS 3.0 hardware.

I have not received this upgrade yet, so I can't confirm what it does
(and doesn't) contain.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft or {uhnix1,moray}!starsoft!david
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic

danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com (Dan Bachmann) (10/19/90)

        I personally would recomend the earlier version of Perfect sound, but
anyway, JohnK@pro-Graphics.cts.com has Perfect Sound 3.1 working with
AudioMaster III pretty well.  Set the digitizer type to PSound3.

 ProLine: danb20@pro-graphics           ***************************
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!danb20  *       Dan Bachmann      *
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!danb20@nosc.mil  *  Raritan Valley College *
Internet: danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com   ***************************
U.S.Mail: 509 StonyBrook Drive, Bridgewater, NJ 08807